Captain Peralta Part 3

You all walked through the airport carrying your bags. 

"Okay, so two of our suspects are in the baggage area. Do you think you can get us access?" asked Jake.

"You're with a pilot. I can get you in anywhere" said Roger confidently. "Hey, you guys want a ten percent discount on duty-free maple syrup?"

"Do I ever" said Jake.

A man with a French accent stopped you all walking. "Roger Peralta. Roger Peralta..."

He began to speak in French as two officers grabbed Roger.

"Hey! What?" asked Roger, struggling.

"Scully, y/n, what's going on?" asked Jake, confused.

Scully answered. "Roger Peralta is under arrest for possession of a controlled substance. They found pills in his apartment."

The officers handed Jake a picture of the pills, and you looked at it over Jake's shoulder.

"That is a lot of pills" you said.

"Jake, I don't know what he's talking about. I swear, I don't know how those pills got in my apartment" Roger said as he was led away.

"Wait" said Jake. "Y/n, tell them we're cops. Tell them."

You shouted after them in French that you were cops, but they just ignored you.

Scully also tried shouting after them, but then turned round and said "Shoot. That means turnip. I said we were turnips. I got it, don't worry. We are turnips! Nope, that was English."

"Yeah" said Jake.

-------------------

You and Scully walked over from talking to the cops. 

"The cops said your dad's being held without bail, they want us on the next flight out" you said.

"And that Bernard's is the best poutine place in the airport. You want some?" added Scully, offering Jake a bag.

"No, I don't want poutine right now" said Jake.

"Yes!" Scully said, and sat down and began to eat from the bag.

"Man, I can't believe they found pills at my dad's place. That means none of our suspects could've possibly done it. Oh, my God, Boyle. Is there a chance that my dad is actually a drug smuggler?" Jake asked.

"Well, let's look at the facts. Drugs in his luggage, drugs in his apartment. Terrible dad, terrible husband, cheats on his girlfriend. I think he did it" said Charles.

Jake snapped his fingers. "You're right. He didn't do it."

"That's not what he said" you said.

"No, Charles said he cheats on his girlfriend. Presumably, he has to do that with someone, and that someone would have access to his apartment and his bags. Dad dropped anchor at the Commodore's Club. 'Someone' is there" said Jake.

"Even so, how do we get in there?" you asked.

"By wearing Dad's pilot uniforms" said Jake, holding up one of Roger's bags.

"No, Jake, I just don't think he's innocent, and I -" said Charles.

"So you don't want to be my co-pilot?" Jake asked.

"I'm in!" Charles said.

-------------------

You, Jake and Charles walked out from the restroom wearing the pilots' uniforms you had found in Roger's bag. You walked over to Scully.

"Sorry, Scully. We only had three uniforms" you said.

"It's okay. For some reason, all the fries and gravy and cheese upset my tummy" said Scully.

"Huh" you all said.

Scully walked along to restroom, taking off his jacket, looking like he was about to throw up.

----------------

You, Jake and Charles walked into the Commodore Club and showed the lady on the front desk your badges. 

"Hi there. Yeah, that's us" you said.

"Home sweet home" said Charles.

"Got dem wings" said Jake.

You looked around the room.

"Boom, right there, behind the bar. That's my dad's type" said Jake.

"Oh, he likes 'em neat and clean, real tidy" Charles said.

"What?" you asked.

"No, blondes. He likes blondes" said Jake. "All right, here's the plan. We're gonna go sit down, order a couple of drinks, grab her fingerprints off the glass she serves us, and then measure her wrist for handcuff size."

"Not sure the handcuff thing will work right away" you said.

"Ready?" asked Jake.

"Yeah" you and Charles said.

Jake and Charles walked over to the bar. 

"Ugh, crazy flight" Jake said loudly.

"Oh, those hydraulics were loud" Charles said.

You walked over to a different spot on the bar and sat down.

"Yeah" said Jake, sitting down. "Ah, bonjour, bonjour. Two whiskeys, please, Chantelle. Thanks. Say, I'm looking for an old sky pal of mine. Do you know Roger Peralta?"

Chantelle smiled. "Yes. Yes, I do. How do you guys know Peralta?"

"Oh, I used to fly with him back in Oregon. My name's Captain Spike Masters. This is my co-pilot Wanda Cohen" Jake said.

"I drive the plane when he sleeps. I also take care of hotel accommodations" Charles said.

"Where'd you guys say you flew in from?" asked Chantelle suspiciously.

"Akron" said Jake at the same time that Charles said "Luxembourg."

"Connected in Akron. Took the old 78 ... 9er on the wind stream. You know, flight stuff" said Jake. He sighed. "Anyhow... Can we grab those two whiskeys, please?"

"I do not know who you are, and I do not think you are pilots along with her over there. Your suit doesn't even fit" Chantelle said, pointing at you.

"Ah. I had my stomach stapled" Charles said.

Chantelle turned round and shouted "Security! Security!"