Windbreaker City Part 1

Jake walked into the bullpen carrying a large box. Charles looked over.

"What you got there?" asked Charles, walking over. "Candles, perfume, bra. Someone's dropping off a care package for Mom."

"Ew. No. It's the stuff that Sophia left at my apartment" said Jake.

"Oh, bud. Oh, bud. Breakups are the worst. Man, I just want to walk up to Sophia, slap her in the face and say 'Girl, you messed up'" Charles said.

"You need to destroy that stuff. You want me to crush that big box into a little ball with my bare hands?" asked Terry.

"You can do that?" you asked.

"No. I'm gonna text Sophia and give her stuff back. That way I'll get to see her again and hopefully smell the air around her hair. That'll make me feel better" said Jake.

"No, no, no, no, no" Charles said. "Okay, you need to embrace the pain so you can get through it."

"No. You need catharsis" Terry said.

"Sarge is right. You need to cathart" Charles said.

"Cathart your brains out" said Terry.

"Cathart all over the place" said Charles.

"That is a great point, guys. Thank you. You know who'd appreciate that a lot, is Sophia. I'm gonna text her" said Jake, getting out his phone.

"I'm gonna take that phone now, Jake" Terry said.

Jake scoffed. "I'd like to see you try."

Terry grabbed the phone.

"Well, you did that very easily" said Jake. "Look, I understand that you're trying to help, but I promise you, the best thing for me right now is to text Sophia. Give me my phone? Okay. Thank you. And... Send. Why hasn't she written back yet? Uh, this feels terrible. You two could have stopped this, but you didn't, you monsters."

"Hey" said Charles, sitting down next to you and Jake in the break room

"Hey" said Charles, sitting down next to you and Jake in the break room. "Any idea what this emergency meeting is about?"

"Probably about how all the cell towers in the city are broken, and that's why Sophia hasn't texted me back" said Jake, as you said "No idea."

"I keep checking my phone every three seconds, like a loser" Jake said, throwing his phone on the table. 

"Tread lightly, son" said Gina.

"Jacob, have you done any of the catharting exercises I gave you?" asked Charles.

"Well, I don't own a bathtub, so the first two pages are out. And it's the middle of winter, so where would I dance in a fountain?" Jake said.

"Indoor malls, Jake. Indoor malls" Charles said.

Terry walked into the room. "All right, squad. Every year, the Department of Homeland Security runs a multi-agency counter-terrorism drill. The team from the DOD had to drop out at the last minute. Thanks to our stellar scores at last year's tactical village -"