Christmas Part 3

"So, including letters, emails and texts from a blocked phone, we have received ten threats" you said, pacing the room.

"How many people have you put away that might want you dead?" asked Jake.

"I've arrested over six hundred people" said Holt.

"Brag" Jake said. "Boyle, will you please read the transcripts of the threats he's received?"

"Yup. 'Die, die, die.' 'Die, Holt, die'" said Charles.

"Okay, a little obvious" Jake said.

"This guy needs more imagination" you said.

"'You will drown in your own blood'" Charles said, disgusted.

"That's a little too imaginative" you said.

"Better. Although, I would have gone with the whole 'I'm gonna staple my face onto your face' thing" said Jake.

"Human skin mask. Classic. The next one is 'I'm gonna send you off the deep end'" Charles said.

"'Drowning' and 'deep end'" you said thoughtfully.

"Almost sounds like he's talking about a swimming pool" said Jake.

"It's Haimes" Holt realized.

"Aha! Who's Haimes?" asked Jake triumphantly.

"Colin Haimes, the Freestyle Killer. He took out an entire 4x100 meter relay swim team in 1982" revealed Holt.

"The Freestyle Killer. Man! How come all the killers you've caught had such cool names?" you asked.

"The best name I ever brought in was 'Narrow Shoes' Sam, because -" Jake started to explain.

"His shoes were narrow and his name was Sam. I get it" said Holt, unimpressed.

"Yeah, you get it. Well, Captain, it looks like you needed our help after all. Together we figured out it was Haimes, and together, we're going to take him down. Because together, we can do anything. Here we go!" said Jake.

"I'm finding Haimes alone" Holt said, with emphasis on the alone.

"Coming back at you, Jake!" Charles said enthusiastically and tried to move his arms in a ripple effect wave as best as he could with handcuffs on. It didn't work, as Holt looked at him confused.

------------------

Later, you, Jake, Holt and Charles were all inside Holt's car. Well, you weren't, with you being handcuff free, but Holt, Jake and Charles were in awkward positions.

"Peralta, for the last time we don't have to go back to the precinct. I don't need everyone's help" said Holt.

"Look, Captain, you're stubborn. And that's an adorable quality. But you want to know what an adorable quality isn't? Being dead" said Jake.

"Acne" Charles.

"Going to the shop and finding out that they don't have your/favorite/chips" you said.

"Yep, being dead" you and Charles said at the same time.

"I mean, I give up. What's going on with you? Why are you being so weird about this?" asked Jake, annoyed.

"I don't need your help. I don't want to involve you, or Boyle, or l/n, or anyone. Because I brought this situation on myself. No one should get hurt because of a mistake I made as a brash, young detective" explained Holt.