The Ebony Falcon Part 2

You, Terry and Jake walked into the bullpen.

"You blew our cover, man. Now I gotta go into an interrogation with no evidence and try get Jacoby to rat out his distributors" said Terry loudly.

"I'm sorry, I got jumpy. I wasn't thinking straight. It was all the exercise" Jake said.

You frowned. "You lifted one weight."

"The blood from my head rushed into my delts" said Jake.

"Point to your delts, Jake" Terry said, and Jake just pointed at his upper body.

"You didn't have to hop in there, man. I can handle this" Terry walked round the desk. "What's my name?"

"Terry Jeffords" Jake said.

"What is my name?" asked Terry.

"The Ebony Falcon" said Jake.

"And what does the Ebony Falcon do?" Terry asked.

"Takes every precaution to ensure his own safety" you said.

Terry growled.

"Takes bad guys to jail and bad girls to bed" guessed Jake.

"He's married" you said.

"Hell yeah he does. Only now the Ebony Falcon is monogonous and too tired for sex, so his only indulgence is fresh fruit yogurt parfaits" Terry said.

"Terry loves yogurt" you said.

"Y/n, you going to watch the interrogation?" asked Jake.

"No, I've got so much paperwork to do" you said, and yawned.

"How much sleep did you get last night?" Jake asked worriedly.

"Like, six hours? I don't know. Anyway, bye. See you later" you said, and sat down at your desk and took a large drink of coffee.

---------------

You were sat at the table in the kitchen unit. Holt was washing his cup when Jake walked in.

"Morning, Captain, y/n" Jake said.

"So? How did Sergeant Jeffords do?" asked Holt.

"Why is everyone so worried about the Sarge? He was amazing" said Jake. "He made the buy, took out the suppliers, but wisely didn't take on more than he could handle. And you'll be happy to know that he punched me in the face several times."

"That does make me happy" Holt said.

"Guess we're being candid today" Jake said, and you and him walked off into the bullpen.

"Hey Sarge, just for the record, I hope you're on every case with me for the rest of my career. I'm not scared for you at all. Of you, a lot" said Jake.

"Thanks Jake. Oh, Peralta, I almost forgot. My girls made you a card. To thank you for keeping me safe" Terry said, handing Jake a card.

"Oh... They're so full of potential" you said, looking at the card.

"Why would you show me this?" Jake asked emotionally.

Just so you know, 'doing paperwork' is short for me being lazy and not being bothered to write.