Unsolvable Part 1

Everyone was doing their jobs when Holt wakled through the bullpen, a cast on his wrist.

"Whoa. What's with the cast?" you asked.

"I sprained my wrist" answered Holt.

"Oh, no, what happened?" asked Amy.

"Don't worry about it. I'm fine" Holt said.

"Yeah, geez, Amy. Back off. Leave the guy alone" Jake said, watching Holt walk into his office.

"All right, huddle up, everybody. Bring it in, bring it in" you whispered.

"So he wouldn't say what happened, which can only mean one thing" said Jake.

"He's in a fight club" Gina said.

"No. He did it doing something he's embarrassed by, like smiling. Only question is, how do you hurt your arm by smiling?" asked Jake.

"Could be a sports injury. I sprained my wrist in college playing field hockey" said Charles.

"Men's field hockey?" Terry said.

"Yeah. It's much more violent than the women's game. We're not allowed to wear anything that protects our breasts" Charles said.

Holt came out of his office. "Attention, everyone. I can hear you speculating about the nature and origin of my injury from my office. I tripped over an uneven sidewalk. I did not think that it was relevant to your jobs, the jobs which you should all be doing right now. Get to work."

Everyone went back to their desk, and Holt walked over to Jake.

So obviously, Holt was hula-hooping. I just couldn't put that here because Holt only told Jake and I didn't want to change that.

 I just couldn't put that here because Holt only told Jake and I didn't want to change that

"Hey, hey. What has three thumbs and just made another arrest? This guy!" Jake said as he walked into the bullpen with a perp. He held up both his hands in a thumbs up, but the perp didn't do a thumbs up. "It doesn't work if you don't put your thumb up." The perp put his thumb up. "Thank you!"

"Twenty-three solves in one month. New precinct record!" said Charles, starting to play Salt 'N' Pepa's Whatta Man.

"Ha! No, and I will never dance to that song" said Jake.

"Way to go, Jakey!" Scully said, throwing something up in the air.

"Whoa!" you said.

"Are those thumbtacks? What the hell, Scully?" asked Rosa angrily.

"I thought they'd make good confetti" said Scully.

"Why?" you asked.

"This took a lot of hard work and a lot of late nights. Take the weekend off, Peralta" said Holt.

"Thank you. You know, I actually might. I am severally sleep-deprived and I'm way behind on laundry" Jake said.

"Good work" said Holt.

"Oh. That's nice" Jake said.

"Hey, Amy. What's with the bag?" you asked as Amy walked in.

"Are you going on a cruise with your mom... In 1913?" asked Jake.

"This is a very stylish bag. Teddy and I are going to the Berkshires for the weekend" said Amy.

"For a police conference?" you asked.

"Nope, just a romantic getaway" answered Amy.

"Wow. That's great" Jake said.

Amy smiled. "I know. We're kind of taking things to the next level. What are you doing this weekend?"

"I am going on a date with Elliot" you said. "Things went well on the first date, and now we're on like, our fifth date."

"Oh, opposite of the Berkshires. Work-shires. Working, whole weekend. Fighting crime" said Jake.

"I thought you were taking the weekend off to do your laundry" you said.

"Does crime take the weekend off to do it's laundry?" asked Jake.

"Good point" you said.

--------------

Rosa walked over to where you and Gina were sitting in the briefing room.

"Hey! We need to tell Charles about Babylon. He needs a private place to talk to Vivian" Rosa said.

"What? No! Babylon's our secret place" said Gina. "It's the best thing in my life, and I have a very full life. Do you know I know Papa John. The Papa John."

"Someone is lying to you" you said.

"We can't tell Charles. He's incapable of keeping a secret" said Gina.

"Look, we tell Charles about Babylon, or I shred your nap blanket into a million tiny bags and destroy y/n's favorite poster" threatened Rosa.

"If you destroy that poster, you are going to pay for a new one" you said.

"No! I love Wolfie. Fine! You win!" said Gina.

"Fine. Tell Charles" you said, and Rosa smiled.

"Hold me close, little Wolfie. Hold me" Gina said.

-----------------

"Will you just tell me where we're going?" asked Charles as you walked him down a hall with Rosa and Gina. "Guys? Guys! Oh, my God. You're gonna beat me up."

You and Rosa moved some boxes, revealing Babylon.

"Welcome to Babylon!" said Gina, walking into Babylon.

"It's our secret bathroom" you said.

"It's so beautiful" said Charles.

"There used to be a transit police squad down here. This was a captain's bathroom. I found it a while back" Rosa said.

"She told me about it a year ago when I got stomach flu from from that sewer rave. Fun night, though" said Gina.

"I was going through a bad break-up and needed a place to be alone about six months ago" you said.

"We put a lot of effort into this place nice. Look. Weird crystals" said Rosa, holding out the crystals to Charles.

"Also, lavender-scented candles, a zebra skin rug and the toilet paper is, mm, triple-ply" said Gina.

"Wow. It turns anyone's bottom into a VIP" Charles said.

"More importantly, it has great cell service" you said. "We thought that you could use this place to call Vivian whenever you need to."

"But you have to promise not to tell anyone about this" said Gina.

"I pinky promise" Charles said.

"Not good enough. Blood pact" Gina said, taking some of Charles blood.

"Ahh!" said Charles in pain.

Random fact about me: The names suggested in the comments of the last chapter (Mark and Elliot) are actually the names of my neighbors.