The Chopper Part 3

Bludsoe was sat down in the armchair, covered in blood. "I was walking home from the coffee shop. I have a job bussing tables there. Anyway, the next thing I know, Mikey D has a gun in my back."

"Michael D'Angelo, the other member of the Fulton Street Four" whispered Jake to Holt. 

"Yes, believe it or not, I familiarized myself with all two suspects in this high profile homicide we're investigating" said Holt.

"I fought him off, but he got my key" Bludsoe said.

"What's the key for?" you asked.

"Each of us had one, and you needed all four to open the safe" explained Bludsoe. 

"And what's in the safe?" asked Jake.

"The twenty one million" said Bludsoe.

"Bing-pot - Nope - I was gonna say bingo, but then I was like jackpot's better, but then it was too late; I was halfway through the word" Jake said.

"Bingpot works. It's taking off" Charles said.

-------------------------

Jake and Charles walked towards you and Holt as Bludsoe got medical attention.

"Captain, D'Angelo has a place upstate. The local sheriff says there's a car in the driveway right now. He must be there" said Charles, showing Holt the iPad screen. 

"Okay, they're gonna have to raid the place without us" said Holt. "It'll take us two hours to get up there."

"Or we could take -" said Jake.

"We are not taking a helicopter" Holt said, handing Charles back the iPad.

"You know I was gonna say chopper" Jake said.

"Look, Peralta, I know you're having fun, but a helicopter is exactly the kind of wasteful expenditure that Wuntch will use to bury me if something goes wrong" Holt said.

"Okay, sir -" said Jake.

"It's the kind of thing she'll crucify me for not getting. 'You could've had a chopper, Raymond. Why didn't you take full advantage? Just a minute - My cauldron's boiling over'" Holt said.

"Yeah, but what she actually said was 'Chopper's yours, Peralta.' Your impression was better" Jake said.

"What did you do?" asked Holt.

Jake smiled excitedly. "She may have called me and I may have briefed her and she may have said yes to the chopper because it's definitely on it's way right now!"

"Cool!" you said happily.

"I call middle seat!" said Charles.

------------------------

The black NYPD helicopter flew upstate.

"Whoo! This is awesome!" said Jake, looking at the view. "Okay, so, just so we're clear, from this point forward, my call sign will be Death Blade."

"And I'll be Rum Tum Tugger" said Charles.

"No, Boyle. No characters from Cats. Dig deep. Think of something scary" Jake said. 

"Adolf Hitler" Charles said.

"No! You will be... Sidewinder. And y/n will be the Dagger" said Jake.

"Nice" you said, smiling.

"All right, but I'm more scared of Hitler" Charles said.

"How about you, Captain? What's your call sign?" you asked.