Charges and Specs Part 1

"I didn't wash my hands, and I don't care" said Jake, walking out of a bathroom holding a glass of beer and knocking over several glasses. "Yup. Cool to be some place where they don't cut you off when things get good, right? Another pitcher of your strongest beer, please, good sir, and a glass thingie to drink it out of. And one of whatever this guy's having for that guy, and one of what that guy's having for this guy. And another round for everyone, on me!"

Everyone else in the bar cheered enthusiastically.

"That's right. That's right" said Jake as one of the men at the bar turned to him and said "Thanks, buddy. What's the occasion?"

"Oh, I'm celebrating. My name's Jake Peralta and I just got fired from the NYPD" Jake said.

 My name's Jake Peralta and I just got fired from the NYPD" Jake said

One week earlier

You and Jake walked into the bullpen.

"All right, listen up. What you're about to see is highly disturbing, but please, no comments. This man is in pain, so above all else, be kind" said Jake.

Charles walked into the bullpen, dressed in all black and wearing a long, black coat and carrying a bag of eggs.

"Good morning, Boyle" said Terry.

"Let's just get it out there. Vivian broke up with me last night. The wedding's off, and this is what I'm like now. Life is a pit" Charles said.

"Excuse me? I don't understand. Did you already have a Matrix get-up at home for some reason?" asked Gina.

"No, Gina. I bought this with the money I was going to spend on our honeymoon to Cape Canaveral" Charles said, taking his sunglasses off.

"I'm so sorry, buddy" said Jake.

"Don't be, I'm settling into the darkness nicely. I definitely get Rosa now" said Charles.

"What you got there, Charles?" you asked, looking at the bag in Charles' hand.

"Eggs in a bag. Nothing brings me joy anymore, not even food. Now, I only eat for sustenance" said Charles, sitting down.

"Smart. Save that for later" Jake said as Holt walked out of his office.

"Peralta? My office, now" Holt said.

Sighing, Jake walked into Holt's office.

-------------

"Ugh. Listen to this text Boyle just sent me. 'I finally know what used napkins at a barbecue restaurant feel like'" said Jake.

"I hate break-ups. I hope I never go through one again" you said.

"Really? You think you'll spend the rest of your life with Elliot?" asked Jake.

"Maybe. I don't know" you said. "Just saying that getting dumped is a nightmare."

"No arguments here. I remember my worst breakup. Eighth grade. Jenny Gildenhorn. That day, I truly became a man" said Jake.

"Wonder where Eddie Fung is now" you said.

"867 Clinton Street, apartment 2A. I know exactly where that bastard is. Get down, it's Wint!" Jake said, and you both ducked beneath the car windows.

"Wha - Wint? Holt told you to drop that. I thought we were working a burglary" you said.

"I know, I lied. Apology? Apology accepted. Look, Podolski is wrong. Wint is guilty. Yesterday, I saw him get into his car with a known drug dealer. I didn't have time to take a picture, but today, I came prepared" said Jake, showing you a camera.

"Did you tell Holt what you saw?" you asked.

"No, I don't trust him on this" Jake said.

"How can you not trust Holt?" you said. "Amy told me that he was the executor of her will."

"Wint has crazy ties to City Hall. I just don't think Holt would risk giving up his command. Anyway. Oh, crap. Where'd he go?" said Jake.

Someone knocked on the car window and you and Jake both jumped.

"Hello, Detective Peralta" said Wint.

"Y/n. Tell me who's there. I'm blind" Jake said, avoiding looking at Wint.

--------------

"You disobeyed my direct orders to drop this case" said Holt.

"I staked out Wint 'cause I got a tip he was meeting up with a drug dealer" said Jake.

"And why didn't you tell me about this?" Holt asked.

"'Cause you told me to drop the case" Jake reasoned. "Just agree to say 'I'm sorry on the count of three. One, two, three. See? Now, I'm just disappointed in both of us."

"This is unacceptable. You've crossed the line" said Holt.

"Sir, I have something to say. I think you're wrong. I think Jake is onto something, and you should let him pursue it" you said.

"This is none of your concern, l/n. Commissioner Podolski is bringing you up on charges and specs. You're facing a six-month suspension, and you're on administrative leave until the hearing. Now, get out of my office" said Holt.

"Fine" said Jake, taking off his badge and placing his gun on Holt's desk. "Here's my gun and my badge."

"I don't need those. You're not suspended yet. You're on administrative leave" Holt said.

"You never let me do anything cool!" said Jake, picking up his gun and badge and walking out of the office.