Det. Dave Majors Part 4

Music played as Jake walked over to The Keychain and knocked on the door.

"Password" asked the guy suspiciously.

"Tropical" said Jake confidently.

"Mm-mm. That's an old password. It changes every night" the guy said.

"All right, fine. Tropical one?" asked Jake.

The guy closed the door, but Jake stuck his hand in the gap. "Wait, wait, wait, wait. Augh! Ahh! Ha-ha. Not cool, okay? Look, just ask Milo the bartender, all right? He knows me. Tell him Orange Soda is back."

"I don't know no Milo. The bartenders also change their names every night. And get out of here until you know tha password, man" said the guy.

The door closed.

"Damn it. This place is so cool" Jake said. 

Jake walked off, and hid behind some trash cans. A couple of guys walked past and knocked on the door.

"Come on, strangers. Show me your lips" said Jake. "There you go. Got it."

He looked around for a bit, and then walked over to the door and knocked.

"Pepper. Pooper" he said.

The door closed.

Jake knocked again. "Popcorn."

"Plor-pa-pa" said Jake, knocking again. "Plorp. Pa-aark. Parked."

The door closed.

"Okay" Jake said.

Jake ran towards the fire exit. He quickly unlocked the door using a hairpin. "Yeah. Noorse."

--------------

You and Majors were sitting at a table, and Jake ran in. "Bulls-eye."

Jake watched as y/n ran her left hand through her hair.

"Oh, no, the hand through hair" said Jake.

The doorman walked over to Jake and cleared his throat.

"Oh, hey. You wouldn't kick out a hopeless romantic who's only here in the name of love, would you?" asked Jake.

The doorman grabbed Jake.

"Ooh, you would" said Jake.

---------------------

Majors walked into the bullpen. "Hey, buddy, sorry I'm late. I had to get this dumb medal from the commissioner for a double murder I solved last year."

"Been there. I had a pretty crazy morning myself" said Jake, taking the file from Majors.

"Jake, your taquitos exploded in the toaster oven" said Rosa, walking past.

"Thanks, Rosa. 10-4. Copy that" Jake said. "So, how did it go with y/n?"

"Actually, she wasn't into it. Swing and a miss" Majors said.

"You're kidding" said Jake.

"Yeah, it was really weird. I've never been turned down before, so unexpected. I'm excited to see what happens to me next" Majors said, walking out of the bullpen.

"Okay" Jake said. 

Rosa walked over. "So... Majors struck out, huh?"

"I know, but why? What does it mean, and why did y/n do the hand through hair? And how come she turned him down? Do you think it has something to do with me? Rosa, what is she thinking?" asked Jake.

"Jake" said Rosa.

"Yeah, I should ask her myself" said Jake.

------------------------

Jake walked into the break room. "Hey, you just missed Majors. I have to say, he was looking a bit rough, almost like he was up all night crying or something."

"Ha-ha, Jake. He'll be fine" you said.

"So... what happened?" asked Jake.

"Well, I thought we were getting a drink to celebrate the case being closed. But, apparently, he thought it was a date" you answered.

"Right, and you were not into that, because he's so muscular and in command of his finances?" Jake said.

"Majors was great, but after everything that happened with Elliot and all the cops I know who go out and break up and then still have to work together, it's just too messy. I've got a new rule: I don't date cops" you said.

"Cool. Cool. Yeah, actually, that's funny. I have the same rule. No more cops. From this point on, it's strictly dating criminals" said Jake.

"If you break up with them, you can always send them to jail forever" you said.

"Exactly, nice and clean" Jake said.

"Mm-hmm" you agreed. "So... Hey, I got an email from the commissioner's office about our case."

"What did they say?" asked Jake.

You turned your phone to face him, and it was the sheep video from earlier.

"Ahh! Ahh. Ah-ha. You got me with my thing. Great" said Jake.

Jake walked out of the room, and as he did so, y/n ran her left hand through her hair.

I feel really evil now.