Operation: Broken Feather Part 1

"We've busted murderers, we've taken down cartels. But today we face the worst New York has to offer - The fire department" Jake said, pacing in front of you and the rest of the squad.

You and the squad approached the fire department.

"Fire Marshal Boone, we meet again" said Jake.

"Detective Peralta, your flys down. I made you look" Boone said.

"I didn't look. And I'm wearing shorts, there is no fly" said Jake.

"That's not what your mom said" Boone said.

"You make no sense" you said.

"And now I'm inside your head" said Boone.

"Prepare to die" Jake said, walking away from Boone.

You began to play, and always won because Terry would run forwards and score. It was actually quite scary, but was always ruined because Terry would dance every time he scored.

Boone frowned. "You don't have to dance every time."

"True, but I choose to dance every time" Terry said, dancing.

Later, after you had scored some more, Boone had had enough.

"You have one play. You give the ball to Jeffords and he runs it in. I'd like to see you score one" Boone said accusingly to Jake.

"Good, 'cause you're about to see it" said Jake. "You're about to see it straight to hell."

The game began again, and after a while, Jake turned to Terry and said "Now, Terry."

Terry ran forwards and picked Jake up, knocking members of the fire department out of the way.

Jake scored and began to celebrate. "I did it! All on my own! I'm the king of the world! Whoo!"

Jake and you were drinking your coffee together when Holt approached you and Jake

"Peralta. L/n" Holt said.

"Ah, Captain Holt. You look very... sad?" guessed Jake. "I can never tell."

"Don't you two have a murder suspect to question?" asked Holt.

"He is in the interrogation room as we speak, sitting and, I assume, stewing. Jake put on a song that he thinks sums up his situation nicely" you said.

"Because you see -" Jake started to say.

"You got him, babe" said Holt, arms crossed. "I understood the wordplay, yes."

"Oh. We've been chasing this guy for three months. We've got him dead to rights. Fingerprints, witnesses, it's in the bag" said Jake. "So, I'm just gonna grab a healthy breakfast -"

"Are those gummy bears wrapped in a fruit roll-up?" Holt asked, unimpressed.

"Breakfast burrito, but yeah" Jake corrected.

"I pity your dentist" said Holt, walking away.

"Ah, jokes on you. I don't have a dentist" called Jake.

"Oh, my God. Next time I got to my dentist, you are going to come with me" you said.

Amy, Rosa, Charles and Terry came walking over to you hurriedly.

"Jake, y/n" Amy said urgently.

"Uh-oh, this can't be good" you said.

"Major Crimes Division just called. They're taking over your murder case. The Vulture is on his way here now" explained Terry.

"No! Doesn't that guy get tired of stealing our cases? He took one from me and Rosa last week" complained Jake.

"Don't worry. We can stall him until one of you gets the confession" Amy said. "We rehearsed this, you guys. This isn't a drill. Everyone know their assignments?"

"All right, hands in" Jake said.

Everyone puts their hands in on top of each other, and you said "Commence Operation: Broken Feather. And go!"

You and Jake ran towards the room where the murderer was sat.

"You go in and get a confession, I'll stall the Vulture" you said, and Jake nodded and opened the door to reveal the murderer.

Outside, the Vulture got out of his car and was going to walk into the precinct when Charles spilt coffee on him.

Now inside the precinct, the Vulture was walking up the stairs and was now faced with Rosa, who began to flirt with him. However, the Vulture ignored her and walked past her.

Amy ran into the bullpen shouting about the Vulture. Scully had the bright idea to use tear gas. Everyone was coughing, but the Vulture came through the gas wearing his sunglasses.

When the Vulture came towards you, you tried to stop him, but he pushed past you and kicked the door open to where Jake was.

"Hey, Peralta. I got it from here" the Vulture said, and you came up behind him, looking desperate.

"All right, fine. I'll just go then... with this fully signed confession" Jake said triumphantly, holding up the confession. "We did it, Gus!"

"Whoo!" Gus said as him and Jake high-fived. "Suck it, Vulture. I killed that guy and his neighbor, but you were too late!"

Jake cheered, and you smiled happily.

"Wait, you killed his neighbor?" you asked, shocked.

-----------------

A week later

You were standing in Holt's office, when Jake came into the room holding a picture.

"Y/n, check it out" said Jake, holding up a picture of you and him holding a picture of the confession.

"Nice, you got it framed?" you said.

"Of course. It commemorates the day we beat the Vulture, the greatest day in human history" Jake said.

Holt walked into the room as you took the frame from Jake. "Brief me on the hotel robberies."

"Helpful hint to the scientists that programmed you, most humans say 'Hello' at the beginning of a conversation" said Jake, and you laughed before saying "The manager at the Prentiss Hotel told us that someone's been breaking into the rooms, stealing over $100,000 in jewelry. We're heading over there now with Amy."

"Keep me updated" said Holt.

"Another helpful hint -" Jake said.

"Goodbye" said Holt.

"It's learning" Jake whispered to you as you left the room and you laughed loudly. Jake smiled at you, realizing just how much he liked you and making you happy.

I hate school.