Stakeout Part 1

You, Jake and Rosa walked over to Captain Holt who said "Good morning, Diaz, Peralta, l/n."

"Captain" said Jake. "You're smiling. It's very weird, like seeing a turtle out of its shell."

"I'm happy. Our drug task force was a success, and today, I get to watch my nemesis, Madeline Wuntch, drape a medal around my neck" Holt said.

"Also, we cleaned up the streets" Rosa said.

"Yeah, sure, that's good too. So I've been planning how to zing Madeline when she puts the medal on. I have the perfect line. 'Wuntch-time is over.' It's a - It's a play on lunch time" said Holt.

"Yes, a devestating burn, sir" you said.

"But you know what would really show her is if you said nothing at all" said Jake.

"Oh, interesting. Interesting." Holt laughed. "Let Madeline know she's not even worth my staying up all night crafting zingers."

"Wuntch-time took you all night?" asked Rosa.

"Trust me. Turn the other cheek. Which I recently learned was about cheeks, and not butts, but it works either way" Jake said.

"Yes. I should be the bigger person. That shouldn't be hard, given that Madeline's not technically a person" Holt said.

During the ceremony thing where they're given the medals.

"For meritorious service, the NYPD bestows this award on Detectives Rosa Diaz, Jake Peralta, y/n l/n and Captain... Raymond Holt" said Wuntch.

Everyone clapped as Wuntch walked over to Holt and placed the medal round his neck. "Raymond."

"Madeline" said Holt.

"You won. Go ahead and gloat, you toad" said Wuntch.

"Thank you for this honor, Deputy Chief" Holt said.

"Oh. Okay. You're welcome" said Wuntch, smiling slightly as she moved away.

"Wuntch-time is over. Boom! Did it!" said Holt, laughing. "Had it both ways. No regrets."

Terry walked into the briefing room where everyone was talking

Terry walked into the briefing room where everyone was talking. "Listen up. We have intel on a drop house used by Alexei Bisko, a captain in the Ukrainian mafia."

"Oh, he should be psyched. That's a very up-and-coming mafia" Jake commented.

"His soldiers use the sight to drop off money and pick up weapons. We need a couple of teams to do long term stakeouts" continued Holt.

"I'm out. Four hours is the most I've ever spent alone with any human. It was the worst experience of my life" said Rosa.

"What about that time we drove out to Boston together? That was about four hours. Oh, I see what just happened" Amy said.

"The only decent vantage is this condemned hotel across the street" Holt said.

"We can go in as exterminators. But too much movement will look suspicious" said Terry. "It's an eight day op, so two teams will do four days each."

"Boyle and I are in" volunteered Jake.

"Okay, that's one team. Who wants to relieve them?" asked Holt.

"If extraction is a risk, the two of us can do the full eight days. A Hanukkah miracle" Jake said.

"No, that is too long to be holed up together like that. I did a six day stakeout once. Did not go well" Terry said.

"Well, that's not gonna be a problem for us" said Jake confidently. "The only time I ever yelled at Charles was cheering him on at his roller boogie competition."

"We never fight. It won't be a stakeout, it'll be a stake-cation" Charles said. He began to sing. "Stake me out tonight. I don't want to let you go till we catch this guy."

"We already have a theme song" Jake said.

"That concludes this meeting" said Holt.

------------------

An extermination van driven by you and Terry stopped outside the hotel opposite the drop house. You got out and grabbed the mover cart that was in the back of the van. Terry placed some bags and boxes on top of the cart and you wheeled the cart into the hotel. In the room, Jake and Charles unzipped their bags and climbed out.

"Oh, my God. Did you carry us here like suitcases?" asked Jake, looking at Terry.

"No, man. This is real life. I rolled you in on the cart" said Terry as you began to set up the equipment.

"Boo!" Jake said.

"Terry sucks! Terry sucks!" Charles said. Terry glared at him. "Terry's great! Terry's great!"

"Where do you want the food?" you asked. "And does braided herring and jellied starfish count as food?"

"Oh, indeed it does. I may be stuck in a tiny room, but my palate will travel the world" said Charles.

"Listen up. This is a real small room. If you start getting on each others nerves, do what I do with my babies: Go to separate corners. We call it alone zones" explained Terry.

"All due respect, Sarge, but we don't need alone zones" said Jake.

"No, we do not. But, let me ask you a question? How do we feel about scone zones?" Charles asked, holding up a box of scones.

"I feel great about it" Jake said.

"Me too" agreed Charles.

"Sarge?" asked Jake.

"I'm a muffin guy" admitted Terry.

"Boo!" Jake and Charles said.