The Boyle-Linetti Wedding Part 3

You searched through the piles of trash bags as Jake paced behind you. 

"I must have dropped the ring somewhere around here during the takedown. I'm so stupid!" said Jake.

"Look, are you going to help me?" you asked. "Also, don't take all the blame. I made us go after Minsk. Actually, don't help. Don't climb in here. I don't want you smelling like garbage for your slow-dance with Jenny Gildenhorn."

"Oh, don't worry. The only thing I'm gonna smell like is the Jason Priestly cologne I wore in middle school. It's just called Brandon', and it is overpowering" Jake said.

You gasped loudly. "Jake! Look!" You held up the ring, turning around to look at him.

"Oh, my God! You found it!" said Jake excitedly. "And you're on one knee. Are you proposing?"

"Uh, sure. Will you, Jacob Peralta, accept this ring and bring it with me to our weird friends' parents' wedding?" you asked.

"Yes. A thousand times, yes!" Jake said.

You placed the ring on Jake's finger.

"Tight" he said.

"Yeah" you said.

"And no, I mean the ring is actually tight." Jake groaned, trying to take the ring off. "Y/n, it's stuck. The ring is stuck."

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. Let me try" you said, panicking.

"We have to get this off. Jenny's gonna think I'm married" said Jake.

"Is that all you're worried about right now?" you asked.

"Also it'll ruin Lynn and Darlenes's wedding. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's just us here. You don't have to pretend like you care about them" said Jake.

---------------------

You and Jake ran up to Gina, Amy, Charles and Lynn.

"Hey!" you said.

"So we have good news and we have great news. The good news is we found the ring. The great news is we'll never lose it again" said Jake. 

"What are you trying to say?" asked Gina.

"It's stuck on his finger. I told him not to be cute about it" you said, grabbing his hand and holding it up.

"I'm cute about everything" argued Jake.

"Okay, okay, what do we do?" Gina asked.

"I could pull the ring off, but it might hurt your little fingers" Terry offered, walking over.

"That's fine. I just won't look so I don't know when you're gonna do it" said Jake.

Terry grabbed Jake's hand, just as Jake saw Jenny Gildenhorn kissing a random guy next to the window.

"Jenny! No!" he said, horrified. 

Terry pulled the ring off, and Jake screamed loudly.

-----------------

Piano music played as Terry walked Gina down the aisle. You were sat next to Jake as he looked at Jenny.

"Twenty years later, and I've been Funged again. She Funged me!" said Jake.

"Honestly, she doesn't seem that great. She made out with a guy she barely even knows. He could be a evil criminal mastermind. Or she's just really desperate" you said. 

"No, it's not her fault. Did you see that guy's tux jacket? Four buttons" said Jake.

Gina's mom walked down the aisle, smiling as Charles walked over to Gina.

"We did this. Our sex made this happen" Charles said.

"Charles, mic's on. We can all hear this, bud" called Jake from the audience.

Charles gave a thumbs up, and awkwardly shuffled out of the way.

"I'm Captain Raymond Holt. Welcome. Marriage is a contract..." said Holt, looking at Kevin. "But it's so much more than that. Marriage is love. It's commitment, it's joy, it's understanding."

He looked at you and Jake.

Lynn placed the ring on Darlene's finger. 

"It's patience, it's anger, it's reconciliation, it's everything. It's like oatmeal. It... Sustains you."

Terry started to cry.

"Darlene, do you take Lynn to be your lawfully wedded husband?" asked Holt.

"I do" said Darlene.

"Lynn, do you take Darlene to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do" Lynn said.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride" Holt said.

Everyone cheered as Lynn and Darlene kissed.

"Yeah! Get it, Daddy!" said Charles excitedly.

-----------------

'I'm all out of love' played as Jake watched Jenny Gildenhorn dance with the random guy from earlier.

"How is this song playing?" asked Jake.

Jake sighed as you walked over to him.

"Hey" you said. "Sorry you missed your chance with Jenny Gildenhorn."

"It's not a big deal. She's just a girl that I've been obsessed with since I learned what love was" said Jake.

"Well, at least we caught Minsk" you said, trying to cheer him up. "I just realized that I never said thank you, so, thank you for helping me. And even though, this dance isn't with Jenny Gildenhorn, but if you wanted to slow-dance tonight, I know someone who loves slow dancing."

"Okay" said Jake, smiling.

"Perfect" you said. 

You turned to an eldery lady.

"This is Gina's great-aunt Susan" you said. 

"Hi" said Jake.

"She's been asking about you all night. She thinks you're very handsome. Says you have a dancer's frame" you said.

"Well, you have a good eye, milady. Shall we?" Jake said. He offered Gina's great-aunt his arm. Jake looked back at you. "Oh... you."

You laughed as Jake and Gina's great-aunt began to dance. 

"I'm all out of love. What am I without you? I can't be too late" played from the speakers.

"She's very handsy" Jake said awkwardly.