Captain Peralta Part 4

"Ah! Unhand us. This is outrageous. I demand to speak with the commodore himself" said Jake as security made you leave the Commodore's Club.

"Could be a she" you said. "Or a they."

"There's no way we'll get her fingerprints now" said Charles.

"Oh, really?" said Jake. He picked up the cleaning bottle Chantelle had been using. Yours and Charles' eyes widened. "Voila. French. She cleaned the bar quite thoroughly, but this bottle is filthy with her prints."

"Smurt. That's why you're the pilot, and I'm the co-pilot" Charles said.

"Copy that, Wanda. Copy that" said Jake as you all walked out of the airport.

"Wanda Cohen" said Charles. 

-------------------

Jake was singing as he walked into the bullpen followed by Roger and Charles. "O Canada. You home of crappy cops." He stopped singing. "Guess who just freed his dad from Canadian prison and slammed six free mimosas on the first class flight home sans the juice?"

"Spoiler alert, it was Jake" said Charles.

"It was me. So, turns out my dad's sidepiece framed him. She was hella pissed 'cause she found out about his real girlfriend" said Jake.

"And his other sidepiece" you added.

"So yeah. Turns out my dad is a great guy after all" Jake said happily.

"And in celebration of my freedom, I'm taking everyone out tonight. Drinks are on me" Roger said, putting an arm round Jake.

Everyone clapped.

"Where's Scully?" asked Rosa.

"Scully" said Charles.

"Oh, no" you said.

"Who?" asked Roger.

Back in Canada

Scully was sitting on his suitcase, waiting patiently. He checked his watch.

----------------

"Hey, Hank. When you see my dad walk in, can you dim the lights and play We Are The Champions?" asked Jake.

Hank refused. "No. I don't know what your dad looks like, I don't have the song... And the lights aren't dimmers."

Someone's phone chimed. It was Jake's. He looked at the message, and sighed. 

"Oh, no" said Jake.

"It's okay, Jake. You give me the signal, I'll start unscrewing bulbs" Charles said.

"No, my dad just texted. He's not coming" Jake said sadly.

"To Jake's dad!" said Hitchcock, raising his glass.

Everyone cheered loudly.

"Bad timing, Hitchcock" you said.

"Yep" said Jake.

--------------

"Sorry, Jake. I'm sure your dad has a really good reason for not being here" said Charles.

"No, don't do that, all right? Don't let him off the hook. That's what I've done my whole life. You know, when he missed my eleventh birthday, I blamed myself for being born on a peak travel day. You were right about him, Boyle" Jake said.

"So what do we do now?" you asked.

"Hug for ten minutes" suggested Charles.

"No, give me a rain check on the hug. There's something I gotta do. You can have my beer" said Jake.

"Cool" said Charles.

---------------

Jake re-entered the bar and Charles saw him and shouted "Superglue your panties to your butts, ladies, because Jake is in the house!"

"Are you drunk?" you asked.

"What?" asked Jake.

"Never mind. Actually, y/n, I am a little drunk. I'm also worried about Jake. Come here. Ten-minute hug time" said Charles.

"I'd rather not" Jake said awkwardly.

"Come on" Charles said.

"Okay" said Jake as Charles hugged him.

Holt walked over. "Boyle, release him."

"Fine, only because you're ordering me to. There's nine minutes left on that hug" said Charles.

"Great" said Jake, laughing as you and Charles walked off.

A few minutes later, Charles ran back to Jake and Holt and hugged Jake, saying "Nine minutes start now!"

Forgot to do this earlier, but HAPPY PRIDE MONTH EVERYONE!!