New addition Prt 1.

*request*

Nicole got off of the bus looking at the huge sign that read Grey Solan Memorial Hospital.

She didn’t know where to enter in at so she came in through the emergency room side.

Nicole looked around getting her bearings. She saw a pretty woman walking around with a tablet.

“Excuse me.” Catching her attention.

“Hi sweetie what’s wrong?” Miranda said looking at the young girl, she looks so familiar.

“I’m looking for someone.” Nicole gasped in pain with her hand flying to her stomach.

“Hey are you in pain, tell me where it hurts.” Miranda said.

Nicole didn’t have time to respond, she was falling backwards and passed out.

Miranda caught her head before she hit the ground. “Hey I need help over here.” Miranda called out and Meredith and some interns came rushing over.

“Lets get her to the trauma room.” Everyone got the young girl hooked up to various machines.

“Where’s her parents.” Meredith asked

“I don’t know she was alone. She only had a book bag with her.” Miranda replied.

“Chief how old do you think she is?” Schmitt asked turning to Miranda.

“Um she looks to be about 12?” Miranda pulled up her shirt and felt her stomach and it was swollen and tender.

“She has rebound tenderness in the lower right quadrant. What is that.” Miranda asked the Resident.

“And inflamed appendix.”

“Right she’s going to need an appendectomy not tomorrow, but right now. Meredith do you have space because I could do it.”

“No I have the time chief.”

“Okay get her up to the OR.”

Miranda walked out of the trauma room going to go find the young girl’s book bag maybe she had some id in their. She noticed a white envelope on the floor beside her book bag “she must of dropped it.” She thought. She picked up the letter and opened it. She figured it might give her some information on to who this girl was and who her parents are.

Miranda read the letter and reread it three times. It made her blood boil.

Schmitt noticed  Miranda’s face and stance. “Chief are you okay , what’s that ?”

“Excuse me for a second.” Miranda said taking off for her office. “Keep up with that book bag.” She called over her shoulder to Levi.

Miranda pulled out her phone texting her husband “It’s urgent. Get to the hospital now.”

She paced the floor and kept rereading the letter.

After 10 minutes Ben came flying down the hallway.

“Hey Miranda what’s wrong?” Ben said catching up to her.

She ignored him and kept walking to her office getting inside and shutting the door.

“There is a little girl here Ben.”

“Okay?”

“She came with a letter stating that you were her father.”

Ben laughed thinking she was joking.

“Whew you got me. Who put you up to this?” he chuckled some more.