Understanding

"Can we just go home now?" Ben asked

"God, yes," Miranda exasperated.

Ben waited for her to get inside before shutting the door. He walked around to the driver's side and got in, shutting the door and starting the car.

The ride home was completely silent. Miranda had so many thoughts going through her head. Her husband really resented her because of her career. Why type of joke was God playing. Why would the same thing happen in both marriages. She looked out of the window the entire time as he drove.

At home, Ben pulled in beside his car, and he got out. "I can get my own door," Miranda hissed, opening the car door and getting out. She walked inside of the house behind Ben and took her coat off, hanging it up before walking to the back. Pru was fast asleep in her bed, and the boys had their lights off, so she didn't bother them.

"Benjamin, I am-

"Look, baby, I can't right now. I don't have any words ready. Can we please discuss this tomorrow." Ben pleaded.

"Fine, go on and sleep on it, like you've been doing since before Halloween."

Ben sighed loudly, "I'll take a shower in the other bathroom so you can go ahead." He voiced going to grab his towel and things.

After he finished his shower, he put his toothbrush and things back up and changed into pajamas. Crawling in bed behind Miranda, he wrapped his arm around her.

"Uh, don't start acting like you want to be up under me now."

"I do this every single night. Do you not want me to hold you?" He asked about to be stressed out.

"No, I do." She admitted. She loved this sappy ass man.

"Okay then,"

The next morning, Ben rolled over, and he looked at Miranda, who was still asleep. He thought a lot about what he was feeling, and he still really didn't want to talk about it, afraid of sounding like a jerk or insecure.

Ben shook Miranda a litte. "Good morning. You're off today?" He asked, noticing the time.

"I'm going in late today. I only have one surgery that's scheduled and the clinic."

"Okay, I'll take Pru to daycare then." He said, moving off of the bed.

"Oh no, I wouldn't want to add anything to your list of resentment." Miranda snapped, sitting up.

"I'm taking her to daycare. Miranda lay back down." Ben returned forcefully.

"Tuck has teacher workday, so he's home today." She reminded him.

"Okay, I will be back. I'm going to get her washed up and dressed. You should sleep in." He encouraged, and Miranda had to refrain from rolling her eyes.

Ben left out, and he washed Pru up and dressed her for today. He was going to get her breakfast from a fast food place.

After he did everything, he came back home and walked into their bedroom. Miranda came out of the bathroom, and she stared at Ben.

"I'm not doing this again." Miranda stressed.

"What?"

" My last marriage -

"This isn't about your last marriage. This is about you and I in this marriage. That marriage doesn't have anything to do with us. That's irrelevant and forgotten about."

"Ben, I'm just saying I am not going through that again. After ten years and having a child, he wanted me to choose between our family and my job. We have passed the ten year mark, and we now have a child...I'm just letting you know that isn't next in our storyline."