Don't Leave

“It might take me longer than 3 months before I trust you again in an o.r.” Miranda stressed as she grabbed her things.

“Trust me?” What do you mean trust me.”

Miranda stared at Ben for a while as he stood across the room.

“Should I even be here Miranda.” Ben asked seriously questioning, because this was one thing at the hospital but it spilled over into their personal life and marriage more than anything.

Miranda scuffed at him before walking away. Ben blew out at breath as she walked out of the front door.

“Okay I’ll take that as a no.” Ben said to himself as he went into their bedroom. He grabbed himself a small travel bag and he threw an outfit in it along with his tooth brush and other necessities before he walked out of their house, locking the door on the way out.

Miranda came into the house late that night. She’d already saw that Ben’s car wasn’t in the drive way and she wondered where he was. He was suspended so he shouldn’t be
At the hospital, so she wondered where could he even be.

Miranda called his phone as she went into the kitchen setting her car keys on the counter.

She grabbed a glass of water before she walked to her bedroom. “Dam voicemail.” Miranda hissed as she hung up.

When she got to the room Miranda saw Ben’s dresser drawer open. “I told him about leaving stuff out.” Miranda said clicking her teeth as she fixed the disheveled clothes in his drawer and push them back in.

Walking into the bathroom. Miranda turned on the shower. She waited for it to heat up before she hopped in. Miranda grabbed her bath cloth and she reached for her dove body wash. She scrunched her nose up, noticing that Ben’s Dove men plus care body wash wasn’t there anymore.
“Mm” Miranda thought to her self as she washed up.

After her shower Miranda wrapped in her towel and she stood in the mirror, reaching for her tooth brush. Miranda looked down at the holder and saw that Ben’s tooth brush wasn’t there as well. She then opened the drawer on his side and recognize that his floss, razor and shaving cream was gone. Miranda blew out a breath as her heart started to race slightly.

She walked out the bathroom, leaving out of their bed room to the bathroom down the hall, opening the door. Miranda searched for Ben’s tooth brush and body wash. She slammed the door when she didn’t see it.

Miranda looked back at the dresser and thought about how it was open and out of place. Her hands began to shake in nervousness at the real scenario that her husband left and would not be coming home tonight at all. Miranda walked to the closet and she looked at the travels bags that were in the very back. “The blue one is gone.” Miranda said to herself as her eyes widen.

“Ben’s gone.” Miranda spoke out loud as it hit her like a ton or bricks.

Should I even be here at all Miranda.
His voice played back in her head from this morning.

“Oh God I scuffed but that meant it was a stupid question not yes.” Miranda said as she put her hand to her mouth. She couldn’t stop them from shaking. Miranda reached for her phone and sat on the bed still in her towel. She called his phone and it went to voicemail so she called again, and again.  She even sent a few texts asking him where was he and when was he coming home.

“He left.” Miranda said to herself and it hurt, the thought of him leaving her and never coming back hurt to the core. It pained her heart and she had an instant heart ache.

She was also furious. Yeah they get pissed at each other, hurt, sad, whatever it may be but they don’t leave. “We wait it out in the house together….in separate rooms.” Miranda said to herself.