scenario 2

Miranda walked into the bedroom with Ben after they put Pru to bed.

Miranda stood by the dresser taking her earrings off.

"Dr. Wright kissed me tonight." Miranda informed setting them on the dresser.

"What?!" Ben hissed.

"He kissed me and he said that he misread the situation after I pulled back immediately. I did not kiss him back at all." Miranda clarified.

"What was there to misread. How did feel like he was having a connection towards you?" Ben asked urgently.

"Uh so when my classmate from med school called this morning, he offered me the opportunity to teach flight surgeons in space." Miranda started.

"What?! Congratulations" Ben cheered pulling her into a hug. Then pulling back to have a stern look on his face waiting for the rest of her story.

"So he was right there after I got off the call and he handed me my daily smoothie, the shop was discontinuing the drink but he talked them out of it and they brought it back for me." Miranda continued and Ben rolled his eyes.

"This why I buy all the ingredients so you can make your smoothies at home. Why haven't you been doing that?" Ben asked annoyed.

"Ben just listen to the story."

"So next we were walking in the hallway together and I was telling him about the opportunity. He knew all about it because he loves space and sci-fi like I do and he read the article about it like I did. So I laughed because of course he would know everything about it."

"Why wasn't I your first call." Ben asked actually hurt.

"I'm sorry baby, we were just walking and talking. He was the only one I told. "

"Like that makes it any better. You got exciting news and you told lover boy first."

"Can you let me finish the story for God's sake. "

"I'm sorry I have to drop a pin in certain parts, most women would be happy that they have an active listening husband. "

Miranda rolled her eyes. "Any way Grey had a major making history, ground breaking surgery, so we went to the gallery and he set beside me. Now we geeked out a little bit about the robotic machine that would be injecting the un known solution in the patients head and we were laughing and guessing which robot did the machine looked like. We laughed about the 1979 movie Alien and it was just like he reminded me of the guy version of myself. He kept teasing me about going to space and then that was it."

"Is that what you want? I'll watch every dam star wars, robot, and alien movie and take notes, if you want me to talk to you about that." Ben huffed, Miranda smiled looking at her jealous sappy husband.

"I want you for you. You watch the movies and stuff I want to watch all the time. Ben we don't have everything in common but you are my other half. I don't want no one that's the same as me. I want some one who fills my life with what's missing. I have never asked anything different in all of the years we have been married why start now." Miranda stated reaching out to put her hand on his cheek.

"I was standing outside looking up at space and he asked me when did it start. I told him that I wasn't taking the job

"Miranda..

"We will talk about that after this. Anyway, he was like chief this is your dream. He gave me a star wars reference as to why I should take it. I told him that I'm not in the position to follow my dreams. I'm looking at him like Tuck or Joey. Who is young enough to drop everything and follow there dreams and they should. He's very light hearted and spirited, so I told him that he seemed to be the only one around here with light and that's true compared to the other residents. He not burnt out he's excited and then he just swooped in and kissed me. I was very shocked so I flinched immediately and drew back and he realized his mistake. I don't think he meant no harm. He's young and thinking with his heart and a fraction of his penis, but not his brain. He apologized and immediately walked away.