I'll take care of you

For the umpteenth time today, Ben thought he'd cough his esophagus out. His throat was so sore, it felt like he had swallowed a bag of needles, and an entire fish. He shifted uncomfortably in bed and turned to his side.

He tried to sit up, but the act in itself got him winded, so he slowly lied back down and closed his eyes. It's been almost twenty minutes since Miranda had woke him up to get up out of bed and get ready for work, and she has yet to emerge from the shower. He would really love to join her, but the thought of having water run over him at the moment, made him shiver. He lifted his seemingly heavy hand and gently laid it across his forehead.

Miranda shut the shower off and stepped out of the tub, grabbed her towel off the hook, and wrapped it tightly around herself. As she walked out of the bathroom, she glanced over to the bed that she and her husband have been sharing for nearly 10 years, to find him still laying there. Shrugging to herself she continued to dry herself with her towel

"What are you doing in bed you have to be to work in 45 minutes ?" Miranda asked, obviously waking a previously sleeping Ben.

"I'm not going." He coughed
"I think I have the flu."

Miranda walked over and placed a hand on Ben's forehead.

"You don't feel warm." Miranda replied.

"My throat is all scratchy. I can't breathe out of my nose and my head hurts." Ben replied, as if to justify his current position.

"I believe you." She replied.

"You still don't have a fever though." Miranda grabbed her shirt and skirt that she laid out and put it on, buttoning up both.

"You still going to work?"

"Of course Baby I can't just stay home because you have a common cold."

"I'm sick Miranda I need you." Ben whined.

"I know you feel like you're going to die, but I'm pretty sure you're not. I'll get off work a little earlier and if you are dead, I will dig that grave myself."

Ben laid in bed all day texting her phone complaining about his head and stuffed up nose. Miranda loved her husband. She really did, but Ben was the biggest baby when it came to him getting sick. After ten years of marriage, Miranda was done indulging him. He didn't have a fever, so it clearly wasn't the flu. At best, Ben had a cold.

Miranda walked into the house sitting her purse in the chair by the door and tossing her keys in a bowl beside her sofa.

"Mirandaaaa." Ben called.

Miranda groaned knowing how the rest of her day was going to go.

"What do you need Benjamin?" Miranda asked from their bedroom doorway.

"Can I have some juice?" Ben croaked before going into a coughing fit.

"Yes." Miranda sighed.

"Miranda?" he called.

"What?"

"Apple juice, please."

Miranda rolled her eyes and went into the kitchen and got the juice. She gave that to him and sat in the living room doing paperwork for a bit.

When she returned to check on her husband, Ben was ready with another request.

"Ben, you don't need
Tylenol." Miranda replied.

"But -"

"You don't have a fever."

"But I'm hot." Ben groaned.

"That's because you're buried under three different blankets." Miranda retorted.

"Can you fe-" Ben began beforeMiranda cut him off.

"No, I can not feel your head. I felt your head less than an hour ago. You do not have a fever. I'm doing paperwork Baby."

"Please." Ben begged.
Miranda groaned and placed her hand on Ben's forehead.

"Oh my God Baby, you're so hot." She began, and Ben couldn't help but grin.

"You really think so?" he asked lightly. Miranda rolled her eyes, but he look so adorably cute and kind of weak.

"I know so. You're incredibly hot seriously. I'm sorry baby I thought you were being your normal dramatic sick."

"Its okay." Ben said sweating.

"Okay I'm going to make you some soup and get you some medicine."

" Oooh Miranda can you make your chicken and rice soup."

"Of course honey."

Miranda felt terrible that he was really sick and she ignored him. She bustled around in the kitchen, getting out the ingredients for her husband's soup.

Once upon a Benleyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें