Cause for Celebration

Miranda walked quickly to the bathroom, and she fixed her eyes the best she could. She reapplied her lipstick and a little bit of powder foundation. Throwing her things back into her clutch, she washed her hands before leaving out of the restroom.

"There you are, Bailey. we all would love to get a picture with this year's recipient," Catherine called out.

Miranda smiled and walked over to the backdrop. She stood in the middle of the board and people from the foundation. Catherine stood on the right of her, and they all smiled as she held her award in her hand.

She took as many as the camera woman felt was necessary before the group walked off.

Miranda turned when someone cleared their throat to find Ben walking behind her. "I would be a miss if I didn't get a picture with the well deserving and well pass due recipient of the most prestigious and famous medical award in the world."

Miranda gave Ben her best smile as he stood beside her. "You sure you got time for little old me, your biggest fan?" He teased.

"Of course I can squeeze in a photo or two. I believe I'm standing next to the best firefighter in all of Seattle. I was told that this particular man fell through a roof, broke several ribs, and his left arm and still carried a man out of a burning house that was collapsing as he walked. What a man! It would be such an honor to take a picture with the medal of Valor recipient."

Ben turned and gave her a smile before they finally turned and faced the camera. They gave a couple of poses before Ben kissed her on the cheek in one.

After the photos, Miranda turned completely to look at him. She pulled his suit coat with her right hand and rubbed his chest with her left. "I believe we did win the couples award for badassery, don't you think?" She smirked.

Ben leaned down and pecked her lips twice before wrapping his arms around her waist. "I know so," he agreed.

Ben looked around the room, and he saw the people mingle. "You got to go mingle with some of these people,"

Miranda gave him a small pout. "I would like to be leaving," she laughed.

"Okay, we will give it ten minutes then, and then we are out of here."

"Okay," Miranda responded, grabbing his hand.

"Oh, you know, five hundred thousand dollars comes with this award,"

"Dam, I forgot about that. We just keep getting money. We already have more money than we could ever spend."

Miranda looked around the room a couple of times. "Who are you looking for?" Ben asked.

"Richard," she answered.

"When we were on the plane. It was the worst plane ride in history, babe. I thought we were going to die. Needless to say, we are getting a flight back home together...commercial. Anyway, Richard almost drunk a martini," Miranda whispered.

"Oh no," Ben voiced his eyes wide.

"Yeah, but I smacked it out of his hand. But if he had a strong urge, then. It might be hard to suppress that. I'm worried about him."

Ben followed her until she found Richard. "Hey, I'm just checking on you," Miranda informed, looking into his eyes.

"I'm good, Bailey, thank you for this and for this moring,"

"No problem, I guess I will see you back in Seattle. My husband and I are heading out."

"Alright, see you later, and congratulations, Bailey, you deserve it."