My Canvas

"Don't let go." Miranda insisted and she meant forever, for the rest of their lives. She wanted him to never give up on her and let her go. Don't let their marriage fall through the cracks and she would do the same.

She wouldn't be able to go on with her life if their marriage ended. She would quit her job first before she let what they had go. She knew for sure that she would never love anyone ever again because he consumed her whole entire heart and that has never changed. With ten plus years of marriage, the love, desire and drive was still there and she would be dammed if now because they were so busy that they would slowly start to dwindle.

"Hell nah." Ben replied intently referring to her plea.

They sat there hugging for a while and Ben thought about how much he loved his wife. She was never really good at romance but she loved him whole heartily. He never felt un important and unloved. She proved her self time and time again that she loved him and the love she has for him was heavenly. So much so that, she makes sure that if it's a problem she recognizes, she communicates how she feels and what she doesn’t want to happen.

She cared so much about him and their marriage, that when she sees a little crack that could lead to something bigger and cause trouble. She addresses it and they discussed how to fix it. They have gotten so much better with communication, the older they've got the more they understood communication and to not do things on their own.

Miranda was the only woman he could truly say that he was and is in love with and nobody would ever come in and replace that. She was all he ever thought about. So he understood why it was so un aware that they were sending mix signals to people. He loved her so much that he would never cross the line with any one else. All he was trying to do was help Ingrid and make her feel okay because he couldn't imagine how she feeling with her husband dying. If he were to loose Miranda, he would probably just curl up into a ball and be ready to roll over and die.

They spent one holiday watching the best man's holiday and when Morris Chestnut’s character broke down at his wife's grave, neither one of them thought it was dramatic. It was very realistic to them.

"I love you so much." Miranda professed.

"I love you so much too." Ben responded. Miranda pulled apart and put her hand on the side of his face before leaning in to kiss his lips.

She sighed as his mouth glazed over hers perfectly. Ben sucked on and pulled her bottom lip between his mouth and teeth, nibbling a little. Miranda moaned and opened her mouth upon his tongue’s demanding request.

Their tongues began to dance intricately with one another, a dance they knew all too well but still enjoyed it feverishly. Miranda moved until she was climbing into his lap, her hands still on both sides of his face as they kissed. Ben slid his hands down to her ass and place both palms on both cheeks.

The two broke apart for a breath and Miranda stared into his eyes as Ben did the same.

"I love you too much." Ben voiced and Miranda smiled remembering years ago of them laying on the floor in this very room and she spoke them very words.

"I love you too much too." Miranda mused happily.

"You ready for bed?" Ben asked.

"Not just yet, lets stay here in our bubble for a little while longer." Miranda stated and Ben nodded as she snuggled her face into his neck.

Four days later Ben found himself in his car, parking in the hospital parking lot. Ben grabbed the bouquet of flowers from the passenger side of his car and their food that he bought for lunch.

He walked inside of the hospital and started on his walk to the elevator.

"Warren!" Jo smiled and greeted him.