12th Anniversary

Ben was the first to wake, he knew how important today was, He had special plans for his wife. So he needed to finish a few of his errands before this evening. He got out of bed quietly and got dressed in his casual black jacket and grey sweatpants. After he had finished getting dress, He caught the sight of his beautiful wife as she rolled over, facing him. Ben couldn't help but smile. Miranda was laying on her back.
Her head was turned towards him and her arms were above her head. She furrowed a little bit from moving, but her face relaxed once again into it's peaceful state.

'She so beautiful.'  Ben thought as he was smiling to himself. He moved his hands and brush some of her hair from her face. Caressed her face, he went over her cheeks and stopping at her lips. They were sexy, full and plump, as though she was already teasing him and the day has just gotten started.

Ben would have loved to sit there and stare at her all day, but he needed to go. He leaned over, pushing her bangs from her forehead and placed a kiss on her head. Ben had moved himself off the bed slowly as though not to disturb her sleeping form. He walked over to the door and gave his sleeping wife one last smiled before opening the door. He closed it quietly behind him and left to start his errands for the day.

Miranda was starting to stir awake. She rolled over to her side and stretched her arms out. Groaning at the feel of releasing the tension in her body. Slightly opening her eyes, she could see that her husband wasn't lying next to her. He was gone. She moved her arms, pushing herself up until she was sitting up. It was odd that Ben wasn't in bed. She normally would be up before him, but today he didn't seem to be around.
"Ben?" Miranda called out confused.  She looked at the clock before looking for a note and reaching for her phone checking to see if he sent her a message but nothing.

Today was there 12th anniversary and he was already gone to work. She expected flowers, gifts, a kiss, breakfast, sex, something. "but he went off to joy ride on the fire truck and couldn't so much wish me a happy anniversary." Miranda mumbled getting out of the bed.

Miranda got dressed for the day deciding on heels and a dress. Maybe he would surprise her with lunch, Miranda thought as she did her makeup.

Miranda walked into work and she was very attitudinal, so if anyone knew what was best for them they should stay out of her way.

"Good morning chief." Schmitt said.

"Morning." She responded trying to get to her office.

"Why are you following me?" Miranda snapped.

"Well I'm the chief's intern." He responded.

"Not today Schmitt, find someone else to work with." Miranda instructed.

Miranda waited and waited and finally she decided to text Ben happy anniversary.

After sending the text she began to do her work and look over her patients chart. Making a list of what she needed to do. Miranda got up and put on her white coat, going to do her rounds.

She walked into her patients room and she talked to her about the upcoming procedure.

"Delivery for Wright." A man said knocking on the door, holding a bouquet of roses.

"Oh here sit them there." Miranda instructed pointing to the bedside table.

"Oh gosh they are so beautiful. Is there a card." She asked and Miranda looked nodding before handing it to her.

The older woman read the card and then placed it on her chest with a smile.

"It's me and my husband's 45th wedding anniversary today." The woman gushed.

Miranda nodded, she wasn't going to tell her that it was her anniversary today as well but watching someone else get flowers pissed her off even more.

"Has your husband ever forgot you all anniversary with in the years of you all being married, 45 years is a long time." Miranda questioned curiously.

"No never." She replied quickly.

Miranda nodded her head. "If your husband has forgotten its not okay but it isn't a crime, because there are times where the most diligent, caring and affectionate people can forget their anniversary. I believe that" the woman stated.

"But it's not that hard to remember either. I'm the most busiest person he knows. He knows that I'm the first one to forget something or just be so consumed in work where I didn't make a date but I have never forgotten his birthday, our anniversary, nor valentine's day. I try to set those days aside because it's important to him and I'm trying to be a good wife. He could have easily put a reminder in his phone, on his laptop or just pay in advance for the flowers to arrive on our anniversary morning as a reminder for him to wish me a happy anniversary and make further plans. I'm not even the kind of person to care about gifts nor the holiday or day itself but an acknowledgment ad least." Miranda stated clearly upset.

"I'm sorry. Is this the first time it has happened?"

"Yes."

"Maybe you should give him a pass. This is clearly not like him." The woman spoke and Miranda nodded but she still felt hurt.

"You know I’m not even this type of person, I was married once before and I have forgotten major things but with my husband now, I vowed to be different, he showed me different, he loved me different and anniversaries are milestones to remember our commitment to each other and I feel if he's forgetting these important dates then it is no good for our relationship. I now see how my ex husband felt. Anniversary is a time to take stock of where you’ve reached as a couple and forgetting that, though I guess it's common, couldn't that be a sign of a distance that has been created between me and him?...I just don't want us to fade away." Miranda explained.

"I understand where you are coming from. Maybe try to call him and see. He probably has a good explanation." The woman replied and Miranda nodded once again.

"Thank you." Miranda told her as she stood to walk out.

Miranda pulled her phone out and called Ben. When he didn't answer, she called him again and sighed when she still didn't reach him.

Miranda then did a surgery to help ease her mind.

Miranda looked at her phone as Ben called and she rolled her eyes going back to her paperwork. It's 8 o'clock and he's just now calling.

Again Miranda wasn't even the type of person who cared about holidays. They didn't mean anything to her but being with Ben two things were very important to her, valentine's day and their anniversary. She thought they decided that they were going to stay in bed with each other all day and just enjoy the two of them and then go out for dinner but she didn't understand when his priorities changed. She wasn't used to being second place to anything in his life.

Ben called her 3 more times and still no response. He knew that she was angry with him. He knew his wife like the back of his hand. He knew that this morning when she discovered he was gone. She was going to storm off to work.

Ben decided to text her phone something urgent to come.

"Miranda please help me. I tripped in the bathroom on my towel that was on the floor and I twisted my ankle. I can't make it out of the bathroom."

Miranda looked as her phone chimed and her eyes swiftly switched back and forth reading his message.

"Oh my god." Miranda said getting up quickly and closing her laptop.

She grabbed her phone and called him back. Ben picked up on the first ring.

"I'm so sorry baby for not answering your calls. I'm on the way home right now. Is it swollen and purple. Do you think it's broken?”

"I don't know. I tried to get up to put weight on it but I can't." Ben lied and Miranda whimpered.

"Okay okay. I'm coming. Do you want me to call the ambulance or.

"I just want you Miranda. I think you can wrap it up and help me up." Ben explained.

"Okay. I'll be there in 8 minutes." Miranda told him grabbing her purse and keys, rushing she almost forgot her jacket.

Ben smiled when he hung up and he went into the kitchen.

Ben was excited for her to get here. He had spent all day decorating. The whole entire foyer was decorated with twinkle lights and poinsettias and there were roses in the shape of 12.

In the living room Ben moved the couch out of the way. He had the fire place going and mistletoe hanging everywhere with roses in that room.

In the dinning room where they would be eating Ben placed garlands around. He hung ornaments made of their photos and more lights with her presents. The table cloth was sparkly golden and it was candles all around.

He pulled the wine out and cut on romantic Christmas music and grab the bottle of wine to place in the dinning room.

"Benjamin. I'm here" Miranda called.
"What!" Miranda exclaimed looking around the foyer.

Ben walked from the dinning room with his khakis on and red sweater.

"Happy anniversary baby." Ben smiled coming around the corner.

"Benjamin." Miranda whispered still standing with the front door open.

Ben walked over and shut the front door and helped her take her coat off. Taking her purse and setting it down and putting her keys in the bowl.

"I don't know whether to be angry with you... you ignored me all day but you really didn't forget? " Miranda asked with tears in her eyes.

"I wanted to surprise you. You know dam well I didn't forget. I'm good at romancey things."

"Ben we said we wasn't going all out and we were just going to be together today. I just wanted to be with you." Miranda told him looking up and still looking around.

"I know but I figured while Pru was with her grandparents and the boys went with Ros that I could surprise you. Plus I looked at your calendar and you are off tomorrow too so I took off. " Ben smiled.

Miranda let her tears fall as Ben pulled her hand into their living room. She gasped when Ben pulled her into him and gave her a passionate kiss sliding his hands down her body and palming her ass. Miranda moaned into his mouth before they broke apart and Ben pointed up.

Miranda smiled at all the mistletoe and she pushed his chest playfully.
"This is so beautiful." Miranda said.
"So I guess this is the kissing room." Miranda stated. Looking at the couched moved across the room and the spread of blankets and comforters on the floor.

"Good I'm glad you understand. Come on let's eat." Ben told her holding her hand and leading her to the dinning room.

"Benjamin. Now this is too much. Gosh it's so beautiful. Thank you so much. I love you so much." Miranda marveled, wiping her happy tears.
She let go of Ben's hands and turned standing on her toes and put her hands on the side of his face and kissing his lips again.

"You're really making me want to skip dinner." Ben groaned pulling apart from her lips.

"It's up to you." Miranda told him biting her lip.

"We better eat before we work up an appetite. Here have a seat. " Ben gestured pulling her chair out before scooting her into the table.
Miranda smiled as Ben went to the oven, set to warm and he pulled out their food that was inside.

He brought both of their plates over and Miranda looked at the dish and looked back up at him.

"You made this?" Miranda asked. It looked like a dish out of a magazine.

"Yeah uh, I made the steak and lobster with fresh homemade mash potatoes. Then I took a small head baby cabbage and I seasoned the out side before boiling it in seasoned chicken broth. After that I cut up chicken and pan seared it and seasoned the shrimp before cooking it and I placed that in pan with all of my favorite go to seasonings.
I stuff that inside of the cabbages.

"It's looks delicious." Miranda informed as she grabbed her fork and cut a piece of it.

"So how was work today?" Ben asked.

"I did a surgery to calm down after you didn't reply to my message and this person had to have his esophagus removed. "

"Mmm how many of those have you ever done?" Ben asked cutting his steak."

"I have done I think overall 5. Normally I just have to repair a tare or something but not take the whole thing out." Miranda told him.

"Is it hard to rebuild a new esophagus? I've never seen it done."

" well you can either take the large intestines or stomach to make a new esophagus. I normally take their stomach because its easier and closer than making extra cuts and other procedures. But your stomach is reshaped into a tube to make a new esophagus, its not hard, because its almost like. You take the bean shape organ and mold it with your hands into a big tube. So instead of his stomach being lower, it fills in the gap of the esophagus and is higher up in his body." Miranda explained between bites of her steak and lobster.

The two began to talk about everything they could possibly think of and sometimes it was just a comfortable silence but neither of them would trade any of it for nothing in the world.

Ben tried to grab her arm when they were inside the living room, but she didn’t let him. Miranda pulled away and shook her head, telling him silently she had other plans for them. Slowly, her hand moved over his chest, her fingers stopping to play with a few buttons that she easily undid. She saw Ben clench his jaw, his breaths becoming shallower as he tried his best to keep his composure.

Miranda smiled, loving the reaction she still got out of him even after years and years of being together. Then, when he least expected it, she pulled him down onto the pallette of blankets on their floor where he used his elbows for support and she then stood back up quickly.

Before Ben, Miranda could honestly say she hadn’t been the most self-confident woman out there, she knew she was intelligent and a bad ass but of course she was aware of her bigger curves and stretch marks and she was well aware that she put on more weight after they were married but she never felt uncomfortable, every time he touched her, every time he kissed her, he made sure to make her feel like the most beautiful woman on the planet.

Miranda looked Ben straight in the eyes as she took her dress off, slipping out of the material as sensually as she knew.

Then, carefully she made her way down to the floor, her body naked aside from the black lacy panty set he hadn’t seen before. Slowly, she bent over and her hands trailed up his thighs and over his bulge to his belt where she undid it. Ben tried to touch her, to cup her ass and pull her closer, but Miranda wouldn't have it. Tonight, she was the one in charge. She was going to show him just how much pleasure she was willing to give him for the rest of his life. With her hands still roaming around his body, removing his clothes one by one, she kissed him.

This time, their kiss was hot and steamy. Their tongues were fierce, seeking each other's mouths, constantly battling for dominance. She gasped when he bit her lip, his teeth nibbled to it, making it swell. Somehow, she ended up in his lap, his hands eventually did grab her ass and they squeezed it gently, making her moan.

Ben's bulge was hard, poking her through the thin material of her panties, promising her once again and like always a night she will never forget.

Ben's mouth left hers and his lips found their way to her breasts. Eagerly, she cleared the path for him, her fingers unhooked her bra and she threw it to the floor. She felt his Adam’s apple move as he gulped hard before his mouth took one of her nipples inside.

Waves of pleasure burst through her when he pinched it with his teeth, his tongue moving to curl around it and tease it. Their hips began to move in sync, to rock together and give one another a glimpse of what they will soon feel, of the burning fire into which they’ll soon fall.

Miranda arched her back to give him access. Tongues of flame formed deep within her belly and they lashed to the rest of her body making her hot and bothered. She trembled in his arms and then moved, pushing him on his back. Her hands traced his well-built chest, showing the way to her mouth and tongue. She licked her way down to his manhood, to where he eagerly awaited for her. Like many times before Miranda used her mouth and hand to prepare Ben for what was to come.

She teased him for minutes until she herself couldn’t take it anymore and she desperately felt the need to feel him inside of her.

As she moved her panties to the side and lowered herself onto him he grabbed each breast in one hand and then the two moved in sync. Their bodies became one, erasing the rest of the world from existing. For the time being it was just him and her, and the pleasure that exploded around them in colorful flares.

"Happy 12th." Miranda breathed out as she came down from her orgasm falling onto his chest.

"Mmm-hmm happy 12th and many more." Ben responded biting his lip as the waves from his orgasm flowed through him.

Leave it to his wife, he always was so satisfied that he could barely talk.

"Good night Benjamin." Miranda said snuggling into his neck.

"Good night." Ben replied wrapping his arms around her naked frame. They were hot and sweaty but neither of them cared.