T Part 1

Miranda laid her head on Ben's shoulder as they walked to his car. She decided she was going to leave hers at the hospital overnight and get him to drop her off tomorrow morning.

"The follow the finger trick last night, that was new when did you learn that one?"

"I learned that one after your sabbatical too. I just never used it because we haven't been in a real triggering situation like that one. I normally just use the grounding one with you where we follow the hand motions and pull on the ears but last night you looked like you were looking through that young boy's soul and it was causing your mind to spin. That was a spiral moment so I read that one quickly brings you back to the forefront of your mind."

"I was getting ready to spiral because he was so young and just accomplished so much but sometimes your problems can seem bigger than life and it's so sad to see," Miranda replied.

"That's why I made that comment that I'm glad your interns have you,"

Miranda chuckled. " That's why I commented that I'm glad I have you too. You are the only person that I can count on. I realized that I do not have many friends. Other than you, I have no one that makes sure I'm okay and just got me."

"Miranda, I believe I was made to have you. I got you because I know that you have me and we are each other's rock. We are in this together. Your well-being will always be my number one priority. I made vows to love and cherish you. And I intend to keep every single one of them."

Miranda looked over at him and smiled as he opened the car door for her. She sat her coffee cup in the cup holder and waited for him to get in the car. Miranda reached over to cup his face in her hands and kissed his lips, god she just loved him so much "Thank you, Ben. For paying attention to my anxiety, for making sure I have a handle on it. I love you more than words can express, and I'm so grateful to have you in my life."

"I love you too more than anything in this whole world and I love this lovey moment." he smiled

"Well, seeing someone on the edge really put things in perspective,"
"That's very much true," Ben responded and Miranda looked over at him skeptically. She could have sworn she had seen a pained expression cross over his face.

"You alright?" she asked, looking over at him.

"Yeah, I am good," Ben responded shifting in his seat.

He reached over and cut some music on low as he drove. Miranda sipped her coffee and looked out the window. She got out of the car when they got home and walked with Ben up to the door. Ben unlocked the door and Miranda went to disarm the alarm.

"Good morning!" Pru chimed running around the corner.

"Good Morning mama's baby girl." Miranda chimed bending down to give her a hug.

"Good morning Pru Bear," Ben greeted kissing her on the head.

"I love your outfit," Miranda complimented looking at her black dress with cheetah print tights.

" Hello, parents." Tuck smiled coming into the kitchen.

"Hey honey, thanks for last night and for getting her dressed this morning. You are a god sent." Miranda praised. "I am going to make some pancakes, bacon, and eggs," she told her son as she let Ben take her jacket off and walked to wash her hands.

"I can help you, baby,"
He washed his hand and attempted to assist her but Miranda stopped him with the wave of her hand.

"Go sit down, Ben. You look exhausted," Miranda insisted, her voice laced with concern.

Ben offered her a tired smile, "I'm fine, Miranda. Just need to take a shower and a nap later then I am good"

'Mmm-hmm," she sounded, pursing her lips together.