Protector

"I can't believe they actually tried to use a similar name like your clinic. That's low as hell." Ben voiced shocked at he ate his taco.

Miranda swallowed the Spanish rice she was eating and nodded her head. "Such a knockoff."

"Carina, that was really nice to call Dayna and Peggy. Those two are a trip." Ben chuckled.

"As long as they aren't handing out any accidental pot cookies, they are great." Carina responded.

"Wait, wait, those were the two ladies who had me high?" Miranda clarified.

"Yeah," Ben laughed.

"I almost killed a man." Miranda retorted. "I hope someone really gave them a stern talking to." She voiced, and Ben and Carina laughed louder.

"I just still can't believe what we witnessed today. I get it now... Why you had to see it. If you would have told me some of the things Nacy said today, I would have never believed you." Ben explained as Miranda took his plate and walked to the kitchen.

She listened to Carina's reply, and she was right. Having a baby was something everyone needed to be for sure about. The world was crazy.

"Which is why I think you need to take me seriously." Ben brought back up.

Miranda cut her eyes to him in annoyance. She was tired of this speech for one day. "Alright, it's not safe anymore, Miranda, and that terrifies me." He told her as he placed the sauces back into the fridge.

"I get terrified every time you go to work. Whenever you go on shift. I have to talk myself outta all sorts of thoughts, but I know you are not going to quit," Miranda retorted, raising her voice a little.

"And you are not going to quit. I wouldn't want you to." He returned, raising his voice to match hers. Before lowering it and walking over to her. "I just want you to be safe, I need you to protect yourself." He stressed, grabbing her hips, aggressively pulling her into his arms.

Miranda sounded a whimper before holding his arms, and he placed his arms around her waist. He rests his hands in the small of her back. Miranda looked at her sappy, protective husband and sighed inwardly. She could not be mad at him because he wanted her safe. He wasn’t trying to dispute her work or her job. He literally just wanted her to come back home un touched, unharmed, and safe, and that's what any husband wanted.

He was simply doing his job as her husband, and this was the man she chose to do that for her forever.

Miranda, threw her right arm around his neck and sounded out a "hmmm."

"I love you, Ben Warren,"

"Alright," he voiced, leaning down to kiss her a tab bit forcefully. Miranda carresed the back of his head as they shared another kiss.

"But if you try to put a bedazzled taser in my hand. So help me." She giggled, still rubbing the back of his head, looking at Ben's smile.

Miranda cupped his face about to pull him into another kiss when Carina interrupted. "Okay, I have to go."

Both Ben and Miranda turned to face her. Miranda smiled and stuck her tongue out a little still wrapped up in her husband's embrace and the feeling of his presence. It was nothing for them to get caught up in their own bubble. They mastered it so well over the years.

"I have to go tell Maya something." She explained.

"Ohhhh, Kay."

"Thank you for dinner," she voiced, walking out of the door.

"Bye-bye." Ben said, immediately turning back to the woman of his dreams and reality.

"Hmm. Hmmmmm, " Miranda sounded, wrapping her arms tighter around his neck as he leaned down to her lips again.