you come home sick (requested)

You dragged your feet as you walked through the door. Your body ached, your stomach felt funny as you began to feel nauseous once again.

It was only early afternoon and you usually don't get home for a few more hours. But after you ended up getting sick at your job, you had no choice but to come home.

You wanted nothing more than to crawl into bed and sleep off whatever bug you've caught, but you knew you couldn't make it up the stairs on your own. You weakly called out for Rosie and as you slowly took off your shoes, you heard her hurried footsteps on the stairs.

"You're home early," she mumbled and undeniably felt happy to see you home early. However, when she was close enough to touch you and her hand fell onto your arm, she realized why. You looked at her with tired eyes and one look into them told her just how miserable you felt.

She laid her hand on your forehead and frowned when she felt your hot and clammy skin against the tips of her fingers.

"You're burning up." She mumbled sadly and welcomed you into her embrace when you hugged her. Your cheek fell onto her shoulder, your cheek hot against her skin.

"I threw up at work today."

She sighed and rubbed your back comfortingly. "Let's get you up to bed. I'll help you up the stairs. But first, are you thirsty? Need some water or some soup?"

"Don't mention food." You pleaded. "It makes me nauseous just thinking about it."

"Okay, just some water then. Let's get you up to bed and then I'll grab you some."

She planted a quick kiss on the crown of your head before laying her hand on the small of your back to guide you up the stairs.

You were weak. Your muscles ached terribly and your stomach was starting to ache, too. You were unsteady and if it weren't for Rosie being right by your side, you wouldn't have been able to make it up the steps on your own.

You were relieved when you made it to bed. Your eyes were heavy, almost slipping shut as you took the stairs but you managed to keep them open until now. You crawled under the covers and she made sure to lay them over you to keep you warm.

"I'll be right back."

"No, don't go," you pleaded and took her hand, only for her to drop it and kiss your forehead softly.

"I'm just gonna grab you some water. I'll only be gone for a minute." She promised before walking down the steps again. And true to her word, she returned only a moment later. Only, you weren't in bed when she walked into the room. She was confused as to where you might be, but it clicked when she heard the sound of you getting sick in the bathroom.

She was by your side in a heartbeat and tried to calm you by running her fingers through your hair and holding it back for you as you emptied your stomach. When you were done, she helped you to your feet and kept you steady as you brushed your teeth.

"Let me check your temperature," she mumbled as she placed the thermometer under your tongue. She watched the numbers climb and used her other hand to caress your cheek, making you hum blissfully as her cool fingers brushed comfortingly along your hot skin.

"A little over one-hundred and one. We'll have to keep an eye on it."

You leaned on her as she ran a cloth under some cool water. Your eyes were closed, so exhausted from the sickness you had contracted that you were almost falling asleep as you stood in her arms and kept your forehead on her shoulder.

"C'mon, my sweet girl. Back to bed, we go."

You laid back on the bed and when you were cozy under the covers, she placed the cool cloth on your forehead.

"How's that, baby girl?" She asked and caressed your cheek, cracking a smile when you mumbled that it felt nice against your forehead. "There's some cold water on the table if you need some and a bucket on the floor. I have some soup to make you later when you're up for eating and I found some cough drops if you need them. We'll keep checking your fever, but for now, you need to sleep."

"Okay. Cuddle me then."

She laughed before laying down next to you. She was saddened to see you so sick and couldn't help but wonder what it was you had.

"If you get worse, I'm taking you to the doctors."

You only groaned but didn't protest otherwise, knowing that she was only looking out for you and caring for you as best as she could, and you loved her for it.

"Thanks for taking care of me."

"It's what I'm here for. Now get some sleep." She whispered softly as she brushed a hair behind your ear and watched you drift off into a peaceful slumber. "I hope you feel better soon, my love. I'm right here if you need me. Sweet dreams."