you can't sleep

After spending the last three hours in bed, tossing and turning only to realize that you weren't falling asleep anytime soon, you got out of bed and went downstairs for some water.

You tangled your fingers in your hair and then leaned your forehead on the cool granite countertop, trying to convince yourself that you felt tired or that you'd fall asleep shortly, but deep down you knew you were just lying to yourself.

You were growing frustrated. It's now after three am and you're still not tired enough to sleep. You thought about going into the living room and turning on a movie or something.

But before you could really think about what to do next, an arm wrapped around you, making you jump then relax at Rosé's comforting touch.

"Are you okay?" She asked, staring down at you worriedly. You wondered what had woken her up but she proved that you didn't even need to ask or worry as she rubbed your back, hoping to coax you into talking to her about whatever was bothering you.

"Yeah. I just can't fall asleep." She nodded her head then put her chin on your shoulder. "Do you wanna go watch a movie or something? Maybe it'll help you relax a little." You agreed, letting her take you by your hand and lead you into the living room.

Even if you couldn't fall asleep, at least you got to cuddle with Rosé while watching your favorite movie.

You curled up to her side. You put your head on her shoulder as she put her arm around you and flipped the tv on to turn on your favorite movie. You felt her pull the blanket from the back of the couch over you both and you just smiled a small smile and cuddled up closer to her.

A few minutes went by before Rosé began to move her fingers through your hair and place tiny kisses across your forehead. At first, it just caused you to smile but soon enough it helped you to relax.

You closed your eyes. The sound of the movie slowly faded away as you drifted off to sleep with your head on her shoulder.

Just moments ago, you were certain you wouldn't be falling asleep tonight. But all it took was Rosé and her soft touch to lull you to sleep. All you needed was her comfort and to feel the love she has for you.

And when she saw you'd fallen asleep she just kissed your head one last time and put her head back against the couch. She let her own eyes close and started to fall asleep, but not without telling you one last thing.

"I love you, y/n," she murmured softly and fell right to sleep, happy that you were now doing the same.