she has a nightmare (requested)

The sound of Rosé whispering your name in your ear made you stir in your sleep, but it was the sound of the whimpers falling from her lips in between and the way she was shaking your shoulder that made your eyes fly open only a moment later.

"Y/N? Please wake up."

Sensing the urgency in her voice you sat up right away. You flipped on the switch to the lamp and whined when the light hit your eyes. You rubbed the sleep from your eyes before opening them only to be met with your girlfriend's teary eyes.

"Rosé? What is it? What happened?"

She didn't say a word. She just threw her arms around you and tried to hug you as close to her as she could. She whimpered here and there and her grip on you was tighter than ever before.

"Oh, hey..." You whispered softly and started to rub her back, hoping it would soothe her. She was starting to tremble and you could feel the cool air on your skin as she began to bunch your shirt up in her fists. "What happened? What's got you so shaken up?"

"I had a bad dream." She whimpered and dropped her forehead onto your shoulder. Her eyes were squeezed shut and her breathing was unsteady and shaky.

Her grip on you was still strong and she was swallowing thickly, to try to rid the lump in her throat. "I had a dream that we were both being chased by this tall man. I remember that we tried to outrun him but it's like everything was in slow motion. I wanted to save you, I wanted to help you, but,"

She was getting worked up, panting and gasping for air as her heart pounded in her chest.

"Okay, it's okay." You whispered softly. "Shh. I'm here. It was all just a dream. Just a really bad dream. It's all okay now. I'm here with you, right here, and we're both safe and sound."

She nodded slowly and let go of a shaky breath before she started to calm down a little.

"Are you okay? Do you need some water?"

"No. I don't want you to go. Don't let me go!"

"Rosé," You whispered softly, trying to hide the pain in your voice from seeing her so scared and so upset. Your heart was sinking in your chest but you just held onto her as tightly as she held you and you found a little comfort in that. "I'm not going anywhere. I promise."

You started to rock back and forth a little and she soon let her lips press to your shoulder. Her heart was beating much more steadily now and she was breathing normally again; only a little hitch here and there.

"I don't know if I can go back to sleep. I'm sorry I woke you."

"Don't be sorry." You assured her. "It's okay. I guarantee that if I had a nightmare that bad I'd be waking you and climbing into your arms and holding onto you for dear life too. Trust me, It's more than okay. And, as for falling back asleep, if you don't feel like you can then I'll stay awake with you."

"Really?" She spoke softly as she lifted her head from your neck to look at you. "I don't want to keep you awake."

"It's alright. Neither of us has anything to do tomorrow so it's alright if we don't get any more sleep. Plus, it means I get time to lay with you and hold you tight. I won't complain about that."

She fell onto the bed and when you did the same she crawled into your arms.

"You're so amazing." She said, cracking a small smile. "Thank you."

"Anytime, my love." You said and reached for the remote. "How about something good to watch if we're gonna be awake for a while?"

She laid her head on your shoulder and nodded in agreement. "Sounds perfect to me."

You flipped through the channels until you found something interesting to watch. You combed your fingers through her hair and let them brush against her shoulders.

Although you were still tired, you'd spend the rest of the night wide awake with her if it means that she'd feel better and stay wrapped in the comfort and security of your embrace.