she comes over to take care of you when you're sick

Your legs felt weak as you climbed back into bed. Your hands were shaking as you reached for your phone to call Rosie.

The sun is only beginning to rise. You haven't gotten much sleep. You've wanted to sleep, hoping it would make you feel better. But it was hard to sleep when you felt so terrible and spent a lot of the time getting sick.

Your hand was so shaky the phone nearly slid out of it. Your eyes felt heavy, the lack of sleep, and being so sick for so long was beginning to catch up to you. But you were desperate to hear her voice. You needed her words to bring you some comfort.

You hoped she'd answer. You know she has nothing to do today and she'd most likely spend some of it catching up on sleep, so you weren't surprised that after two long rings she still wasn't answering.

You were about to hang up and settle for sending her a text to call you later on. But just as you went to do so, you heard her voice.

"Hey, babe. Are you alright? You're up awfully early."

She was clearly tired. You could hear it in her voice. But you couldn't bring yourself to even offer to hang up when you needed her the most right now.

"Rosie... I'm sick."

"Oh, no. Are you okay? Do you need anything?"

"I just really wanted to hear your voice." You mumbled, yawning afterward.

"You sound sleepy."

"I am." You replied as you wrapped the blanket around yourself and let your head fall onto your pillow. Your eyes were tired, growing heavier and heavier with every second that passed by. "I love you."

"I love you too, y/n. Why don't you try to get some rest? For me, my love. You need it."

You didn't want to hang up, but at the same time, you knew you were gonna fall asleep soon. So you just mumbled an 'okay' in agreement and then another 'I love you' before the phone slipped out of your hand and you fell asleep.

After calling out your name a few times and only getting silence in return, Rosé hung up and swung her legs over the bed.

She knew it was early and she was still exhausted. She'd had a busy week and though she did plan on paying you a visit later on, she was gonna spend the next few hours catching up on some much-needed sleep.

But her plans changed. Suddenly, sleep was the least of her worries when her mind was racing anxiously about you. She could tell just how terrible you felt just by the sound of your voice and it broke her heart to think about you being alone when you felt so sick.

She gathered her important things like her wallet and phone before she slipped on her shoes and headed out the door. She stopped at a cozy convenience store by your house, picking up some things like cough drops, soup, and a couple of boxes of tissues - just in case.

She quickly paid for it all before hopping back into the car and driving carefully to your place. It took her a few minutes to get there but she was racing to your door within only a moment.

She used the spare key that you gave her to let herself inside. She stepped inside and bit down on her lip as she closed the door slowly and as quietly as she could.

She was careful when kicking off her shoes and making her way down the hall. She tiptoed all the way to your room so the sound of her feet on the floor wouldn't wake you.

Your bedroom door was already wide open, allowing her to peek inside as she stood in the doorway. Seeing you laying on your stomach, curled up in bed beneath the blankets, having them wrapped tightly around yourself to keep you warm, while you moved the empty trash can close to your side just in case you were to get sick some more, was enough to break her heart in two.