you want her attention

When Rosé continued to type away on her phone and laugh at whatever it was the girls were sending her, you lifted your head from her chest and sat up in bed.

You looked from the movie she suggested you watch together tonight and over to her instead. She seemed much more intrigued by whatever was on her phone than the movie. Considering the fact that she hasn't taken her eyes off of her phone for the last ten minutes.

It's not that you're mad or that you mind her being on her phone. You have a bad habit of being on yours sometimes, too. But she's been awfully busy lately. She had the night off, finally, and it gave you the perfect opportunity to snuggle up to each other for hours.

At first, you were excited! When she turned on the movie and tugged you into her arms you could feel your heart beating just a little faster than usual upon the utter happiness and excitement you felt. Sharing kisses and small talk about how your week has been and hers as well, you were just enjoying your time together.

But she got distracted somewhere along the way and your excitement had dwindled a little. You paused the movie and set the remote aside. The sudden silence in the air had Rosé turning her attention away from the phone in her hand for the first time in minutes.

She frowned when she saw the pout on your lips. "You paused the movie?"

"You seem a little busy." You nodded toward her phone that was still unlocked and still in her hand. "I thought maybe you lost interest in it or something."

She shook her head and let her phone fall to her lap. She gently grabbed your wrist and pulled you close again. "I didn't lose interest. I just got a little distracted." She kissed your shoulder softly. "I'm sorry. This is our night together, I know how you excited you were. Don't be sad, let's finish that movie." She picked her phone back up but only to turn it on silent and set it aside.

You reached for the remote but she stopped you at the last second. "Wait." She mumbled and when you turned your head to ask her what was wrong she was crashing her lips onto yours. She let her hand fall to your cheek, thumb moving in soft circles along your skin. "I've missed you. I just wanted you to know that."

There was no hiding the smile on your face or the skip in your heartbeat. You laced your fingers through her hair and she nudged her nose against your cheek before brushing her lips over your soft skin.

"Missed you too." You smiled as she kissed your face a bit. "Thanks for spending time with me."

"The night is still young. There's still hours to go, lots of time for us to spend together. I'm all yours." She promised, kissing you once more before she let you resume the movie. She put her arms around you once more and gently push your head down to her chest, like before.

The tips of her fingers slid under your shirt and ran along your spine delicately. You felt happier than you had felt all day right there in that moment with her.