kissing her unexpectedly

You checked the time on your phone again before looking back out the window. You're so anxious yet so excited and you can hardly sit still any longer.

Today is the day you've been waiting for. You've marked off each day on the calendar hanging on the bedroom wall. Though it almost felt like this day would never come with how slowly time dragged by, it finally has and you've been staring out the window for the last twenty minutes just to wait and see the car that your girlfriend was in pull into the driveway.

You looked away to check the time again but right then, you heard the sound of a car door close. Your phone fell out of your hands when you heard her voice as she got out of the car and grabbed her luggage and then gave the driver a few dollars.

Before she even made it up the steps you were throwing the front door open and running to her. She dropped her things and welcomed you into her arms. Wrapping your legs around her waist and burying your face in her neck, it felt as though everything else in the world just faded away. Her grip on you was inescapable, but you didn't mind at all.

"Oh, it feels so good to hold you again." She whispered in your ear and started to rub your back. "I've missed you so much that I can't even begin to describe it. I don't think I could've handled even one more day away from you."

You lifted your face from her neck and gazed into her eyes for a moment before looking down at her lips. You watched them move as she started to speak again.

"I have so many stories to share with you! Oh, and I got you a few things! When we went sightseeing in a few different places, we stopped off at a few shops and I saw a few things that made me think of you and I got them for you. I also had a few things made special for you!"

"That's so sweet, Rosé. Thank you, my love." You smiled and cupped her cheeks. You didn't think she was aware that you were tugging your lip between your teeth, trying hard to let her talk about everything on her mind. You knew it had to be racing quickly with all the things she must be thrilled to share with you.

But her voice was fading out as you stared at her lips. They looked just as soft as they did the day she left. You started to lean in a little and your breath hitched when her minty fresh breath fanned right against your lips.

"Y/N?" She giggled when she looked down to find you staring at her lips, practically mesmerized with the way they moved. "Did you even hear anything I said?"

You gnawed at your lip and lifted your head. Your eyes locked and you brushed your thumbs along her cheeks and just as she parted her lips to speak again, you crashed your lips onto hers. Her breath hitched at first, but just like you, she quickly melted into the kiss.

It felt so good to be able to taste your lips again. It felt so good to hold you the way she was holding you right now; with your legs still around her waist and her arms around your back to hold you tight. She could taste the mint on the tip of your tongue and she couldn't hold back the soft sigh that fell from her lips and hit yours.

Her fingertips brushed against your spine and if it weren't for her holding onto you, you would've fallen with how weak your knees were, just from her touch.

"I've missed you so much." You whispered against her lips. "Missed the taste of your lips and your heart beating against mine." You traced her lip with your thumb and her eyes opened for the first time since your lips touched. Her gaze was soft as she stared deeply into your eyes. "I just really missed you."

"Missed you more, Y/N." She whispered softly as she tucked a lock of hair behind your ear before pulling you in for another kiss. "It's so good to be home."