when you text with a friend during a date (requested)

Rosé held your hand as you walked through the doors of the fancy restaurant and over to the table that she reserved special for the two of you.

It was away from others, with dim lighting, and a romantic atmosphere. It was gonna make for a perfect date night; something you and Rosie haven't had in too long.

The waitress placed menus down in front of you and Rosé thanked her before turning her attention to the different foods she had to choose from.

"Everything looks so delicious. How do I choose?" She groaned and her mouth practically watered at the sight of some of the foods.

You sat quietly across from her. She thought you were reading through the different options, too. After all, you're a food lover like her, and it's just one of the countless things that she adores about you.

But when she looked up at you, she saw you were actually texting someone. She watched your thumbs move quickly across the keys. Your teeth sank into your lip as you focused on whoever you were texting.

"Y/n?" She mumbled but you didn't look up at her. "Y/n!"

Your head suddenly shot up as she loudly said your name. You looked confused as to why she was looking at you with a look of hurt in her eyes.

"What?"

"What do you mean 'what'? You're texting? I thought we had a thing not to text when we're on dates."

"I know. I'm sorry, it won't be long. Just let me finish this conversation with her. I'll only be a few minutes."

She sighed and bit the inside of her cheek.

"I get it." She mumbled before looking down at the menu again. "I mean, we haven't been able to do a date night in the longest time. I don't even remember the last time I got to kiss you or hold you, except in the morning before I go and when I get home."

You could hear the sadness in her voice. As important as your friends are to you, nothing is more important to you than Rosie, and you understand why she'd be upset with you being on your phone at a time like this.

You got up and went to the booth to sit beside her. Laying your hand over hers, you have it a comforting squeeze.

"I'm sorry. You're right. I shouldn't be on my phone right now. Not when we haven't had much time to spend together and you treated me to this beautiful and fancy restaurant. It's amazing, so romantic and cozy."

She looked up at you. Her eyes lit up and her big, beautiful smile was starting to show again.

"And, of course, it's even more perfect because I'm here with you. I'm so lucky. I love you. Please forgive me for being on my phone."

She just shook her head wordlessly and kissed your lips lovingly.

"I love you too. Don't worry about it. I'm sorry for getting upset. I just..." she paused and then let out a sad sigh. "I miss you. I hate not having much time with you. I love what I do. It makes me happy. But you make me the happiest. I wanna soak up every second I get to spend with you."

You stared at her for a second, swearing that you fall even more in love with her every day.

But you reached across the table for your phone a moment later and she looked a little sad at first, only to feel relieved and feel a rush of happiness and you turned your phone off then put it aside so you couldn't get distracted from it anymore tonight.

You kissed her cheek softly before laying your head on her shoulder.

"No more distractions. I've missed you too, Rosé, and you've got all of my attention tonight. I promise."

She put her hand on her thigh, brushing her fingertips in circles along your soft, bare skin, and chuckled to herself as you let out a soft sigh.

She buried her lips in your hair and gave you a kiss on your head before she said,

"So? What sounds yummy? Tell me what you're thinking about getting because I'm this close to ordering one of everything on this menu."

You laughed and opened it up, pointing to a few things that you were deciding between as you bonded over your love of food, and each other, throughout your romantic and lovely night together.