mistletoe kisses

You stood in front of the tree, watching the Christmas lights glisten as you stared at the marvelous work you and Rosie did together.

It looked beautiful; the lights flashing a beautiful red and green, the candy canes and ornaments hung on the branches, and the star right on the very top. You couldn't help but stare, mesmerized by it all.

You melted into her arms when Rose hugged you from behind.

"It looks beautiful. We did a good job together."

"That we did, baby." She smiled and leaned in to kiss along your neck. "But we did forget something."

You turned around, gazing at her with wide eyes.

What could you have forgotten? The garland and lights were wrapped neatly around the branches, all the ornaments and candy canes hung across the branches. The star on top, the gifts by the tree.

There wasn't a thing you could think of that you feel you could've forgotten.

"What is it? I thought we had everything."

"For the tree, we do. But,"

You could hear the excitement in her voice as she pulled some mistletoe out from behind her back.

"We forgot the mistletoe!" She said as she hung the mistletoe over your heads. You glanced up at it then looked back at her. She was clearly excited about this, finding yet another excuse to bring you in for kisses. But, you weren't complaining.

"Oh?" You teased, putting your arms around her to bring her close. "Well, we can't forget that, can we?"

She shook her head and moved in to steal a kiss from your lips. Right away, a soft sigh escaped from her lips when she tasted the peppermint on your breath. It only made her crave your kisses more, finding herself relishing in each and every loving kiss you shared together.

You pulled back to catch your breath, but continued to peck her lips, mumbling a teasing "happy now, baby?" against them. But there was no mistaking the flutter in your heart or the happiness you felt.

"Very. I love you lots, y/n." She said, breath fanning against your lips as they continued to linger on your own. "I'm so excited to spend our first Christmas together. I promise I'm gonna make it really special." She said, fingers running along your back softly.

"All I want for Christmas is you. As long as I've got you, I know it'll be perfect."

You dropped your cheek to her shoulder and watched the lights on the tree.

The moment couldn't possibly be more perfect than this and you still had the rest of the Christmas season to relish in these moments together.