kissing in the rain

Despite the cool air blowing, you couldn't be warmer.

You were curled up close to Rosé as you strolled through the city together. You enjoyed a nice dinner and now you're heading home, but you're taking your time to get there.

"Thank you for dinner, Rosé. It was delicious."

Rosé kissed the top of your head softly. "My pleasure."

You went to turn your head for a kiss but you got distracted by a raindrop falling onto your arm. You frowned, catching Rosé's eye. "What is it?"

"I thought I felt a raindrop." You mumbled, feeling a few more afterward.

Rosé frowned when she felt a few hit her as well.

"We're almost home so hopefully we can get there before it gets worse." You said and curled up a little closer to her.

But that just wasn't your luck.

A few minutes later, when you and Rosé were almost home, it started pouring rain. You squealed and held Rosé's hand as you tried to speed up since you were so close to the house now. But suddenly, a pull on your wrist from Rosé stopped you in your tracks.

You turned around, eyebrows furrowed in slight confusion. "Rosé? Is everything alright, baby?"

She nodded with a small smile, making your worries wash away with the rain falling on your skin. "It's just that there's something I've really wanted to do with you and now is the perfect time for it..."

She nodded toward the sky. You looked up, watching as the rain fell. You realized then what she was getting at so you looked back down with a giggle, planning on taking the few steps to close the space that remained between the both of you and give her that kiss in the rain she's been hoping to share with you.

But when you looked back at her she was already standing in front of you. You felt her arms snake around your waist before she leaned in and kissed you softly and lovingly.

The way her lips moved against yours made you weak in the knees. You moved your hands to her face and held it in your hands until she pulled away from the kiss a moment later.

"Was that okay?" She wondered although you could see the smirk tug at her lips like she already knew the answer because of how breathless you seemed to be.

You giggled and laid your forehead against hers. You didn't care about the rain soaking through your clothes or the slight chill you had from the cold air, because she leaned back for another kiss and held you tighter this time, making you feel warm and secure despite the pouring rain.

It was only when a crash of loud thunder hit nearby that you had to pull away. Rosé moved her hand along your back soothingly, calming you down and comforting you from the fright it caused you.

"Let's get home, baby. We can cuddle under the blankets and warm up with something warm to drink. Okay?"

You nodded and pecked her lips once more. "Okay." She intertwined your fingers together and you ran home, looking forward to being under the blankets for a while now that you were starting to feel cold.