she gets jealous after you break up - part two (requested)

The sound of Rosie clearing her throat from behind you caught your attention. You slowly turned your head, wiping your obviously wet cheeks from the tears you shed.

"Can we talk?" She asked and you couldn't help but notice how sad her eyes looked. How watery they seemed.

"Yeah." You mumbled and took a seat on the ground.

For some reason, your heart seemed to sink in your chest when she sat down but further away from you. She was giving you space, trying to cross any lines or push any boundaries.

"I'm sorry."

"For what exactly?" You asked.

She couldn't get upset at you wanting her to clarify. She had a lot to be sorry for.

"Everything." She spoke sadly, a shaky breath following her words. "Not just for tonight. Not just for that night. For all the other nights. For not telling you that I was scared, too. That I could feel us drifting apart. I didn't know how to handle it all. I mean, you'd think I'd be used to it all by now. But it still gets hard sometimes."

You stared at your shoes and your polished nails on your lap.

"I'm sorry for the nights you waited up for me that I didn't make it home. I'm sorry for bailing on our dates. I didn't know how to tell you that I'd be missing another date each time."

"So you just opted not to tell me most times?" You asked bitterly and she nodded slowly, shamefully.

"It broke my heart each time that I did remember. There were more days that I forgot them because I was so swamped with recording and practicing. But I knew you'd be crushed, understandably. And I wouldn't be there to tell you why. To hold you and make it better. I'm sorry for all of that."

You swallowed thickly, trying desperately to swallow the lump in your throat. But it wouldn't go.

"It's not just the dates that I forgot that ruined us. I know that and I'm sorry for everything. I think back to it all every day and I hate myself for it." She sniffled. "I'm sorry I didn't fight harder for you. That I didn't beg you to stay. I knew you were right about all of the reasons you had to leave. But things were overwhelming and I was so scared. I didn't know what to do."

Things went silent for a moment before you turned your head to look at her. She was already staring at you, tears swimming in her eyes.

"I'm sorry I broke your heart. I'm sorry I let you down time and time again. I'm sorry for everything."

You opened your arms for her and she looked a little shocked and a little unsure of moving into them. But she needed you. You were offering her comfort that she knew she'd only ever find in you.

So she moved into them, buried her face in your neck, and cried against it as she tried to hold onto you while she feared she'd feel you slip out of her fingertips and lose you.

"I miss you." You confessed to which her heart soared in her chest.

"You do?" She spoke as she pulled away from your neck.

"You think I could spend a year without you and move on like you never mattered to me when you were..." you paused, looking at your painted nails once more before back up at her, where you corrected your words. "Are my whole world?"

She went to smile when she remembered something.

"But your date tonight..."

"Not really a date. If I'm being honest. More like a rebound." You confessed. "I've thought about you from the moment I left. Since I took all of my things and walked away. You've been on my mind every single second of every waking minute."

She smiled a little, though she still looked a little teary-eyed.

"I'm sorry for everything, y/n. I wish I could take everything back. If I had the chance to start over, to go back in time, I would make everything better."

"You kinda are right now." You said. "You're here, pouring your heart out to me, being honest with me. I wanted you to just open up to me. I knew you were overwhelmed but you never let me help you."

"I'm sorry for that too."

"Stop it." You spoke sternly, yet softly. "No more apologizing."

"But I feel guilty. I live in regret every day. For losing you."

"You didn't lose me." You said as you moved your hand up to her cheek. "I'm right here."

She looked at you in disbelief, trying to find the words to say.

"I want to forgive you. I love you too much to let you go. Goodbye is hard, but it's impossible when it's you I'd be saying goodbye to. But, if we get back together, we have to communicate with each other. No matter how hard things are to say or to hear. We've got to hear each other out when times are tough. Because I don't want to lose you. Not ever."

"I swear it." She said and felt her heart flutter when you took her hand into yours and locked your pinkies together.

"Me too."

She sighed in relief and dropped her forehead against yours. Tears threatened to fall from her eyes and she tried to hold them back, but one fell down her cheek.

"Don't worry. They're tears of happiness." She promised and watched your eyes light up. "I've missed you. I love you. I promise that I'll never let things get that way ever again. You've got my word."

You pecked her lips and she felt like her heart was beating again.

"And my heart." She added, watching you smile brightly.

"I love you." You smiled before bringing her in for a kiss. A real kiss. One of indescribable love.

A rush of happiness came over you. You haven't felt that way since the day you left.

"Are you hungry?" She asked.

"Always."

"Let me take you out to dinner. Wherever you want to go. My treat."

She stood up and took your hand to help you up. She brought it to her lips, peppering kisses all around your knuckles before stealing a sweet one from your lips.

"This is a new beginning." You said as you laid your head on her shoulder. "I love you."

"Love you so much." She said as she closed her eyes and thanked her lucky stars for bringing you back into her life. Because you're all she ever needs.