you don't tell her that you don't feel well

"Are you sure you're feeling up to going? You don't look like you're feeling all that great." Rosé muttered as she laid her hand against your forehead again, worried that you were beginning to come down with something and you'd start to run a fever soon.

You cleared your throat to try to rid the sick feeling and you gently pushed her hand away. You wondered if she noticed your fingers trembling as you did so because you could feel them shaking slightly.

But you were trying hard to hide any symptoms of you feeling unwell from her. Though your stomach hurt terribly and you were beginning to feel sick, you didn't want to ruin the night ahead. It's important to her. She's been looking forward to this dinner with you and the girls for several days now.

After having a few days spent apart during their free time, it sounded like fun to enjoy a nice dinner together before they took a couple more days then would have to get back into the swing of things quickly afterward.

So you gave her your best fake smile and nodded your head. "I'll be okay."

She still looked a little hesitant as she watched your face, trying to see any sort of discomfort she was sure you had to be feeling.

"If I don't feel well for any reason, I promise I'll let you know. I just have a little stomach ache, maybe I'm just hungry."

You definitely weren't. Even the thought of food was making you feel a little sick. But you wanted her to have a good night tonight. You didn't want her to spend it worrying or for her to feel obligated to back out last minute. You knew she would if she knew the truth.

"Alright. I'm holding you to that." She said and took your hand to lead you to the car.

The restaurant was only ten minutes away but there were a few bumps and turns along the way, which made you squeeze your eyes shut and bring your lip between your teeth as you tried to hide how uncomfortable you were becoming.

Arriving a few long minutes later, she took your hand and led you inside the restaurant. It was mostly empty; just a couple here and a group of friends there.

You looked around for a moment before you heard Jennie call out your name. You squeezed Rosé's hand and nodded toward the girls. Your legs felt weak and you'd never felt more relieved to sit down than you did when you finally reached the table.

You opened the menu and tried to look for something appetizing, but everything just seemed to make your stomach turn. You could already smell the food in the kitchen and you took a few deep breaths to ease the sick feeling.

Rosé was catching on fast. From the way you seemed reluctant to eat and how your hand was sweating and shaking within her own, she knew you felt sick. But she remembered the deal you made at home and she hoped that you'd keep your word. She didn't wanna push you into telling her, especially not around the girls.

So, she held her breath and kept a conversation with Jisoo. They were all talking with you and you'd just give short and simple answers along the way. Letting out a chuckle or a small laugh; some genuine and some forced to make it seem like you weren't caught up in your anxious thoughts.

You moved the fork around your plate of food but never took more than three or four bites. You cleared throat and pushed it away, causing your girlfriend to frown. When she noticed that they were all caught up in their own conversation, she took the chance to talk to you.

She reached under the table and placed her hand over your knee. She gave it a squeeze and watched you lift your head.

"I know you're not feeling well."

You tried to shake your head and deny it, but she knew you better than that.

"Y/N, I know you like the back of my hand. I know when you don't feel well. You promised you'd tell me if you felt sick. Tell me the truth."

She was clearly worried about you. You could see it in her eyes.

So, you took a shaky breath then nodded your head. "I really don't feel good."

"Your stomach still hurt?"

"Yeah, and I feel a little sick."

She sighed sadly and brushed her hand over your forehead and cheeks. "You're not burning up, but you feel a little warm." She pushed her plate back and reached for her wallet to hand to Lisa who sat closest to her.

"We're gonna head home."

You felt a little sad and even a little guilty when she spoke those words.

"Y/N isn't feeling well. I'm just gonna get us home and get her to sleep."

The girls all frowned and nodded in agreement.

"No problem. We'll do this again maybe in a couple of days if you feel better, Y/N." Jennie said when she noticed your hesitation to leave.

"Right now you just go home and rest."

"And feel better soon! Call us if you need anything." Jisoo added and watched you get up and lean against Rosé as she wrapped your jacket around your shoulders and you walked out to the car.

"You should've told me the truth. We could've spent the evening at home." She said when you were both in the car.

"I didn't wanna disappoint you. I know you've been looking forward to this."

"I have," she started to say and laid her hand over yours. "But nothing is more important than you are. You heard Jisoo; we can do this again when you feel better. For now, we'll just make sure you stay hydrated and get some rest."

You nodded slowly.

"Lay back. Sleep if you're tired. We'll be home in a few."

The time passed by quickly and though you'd closed your eyes almost immediately as the car pulled out of the parking spot, you found yourself only beginning to fall asleep when she shook your shoulder to wake you.

"We're home, honey."

You groaned but got out of the car and leaned on her to get to the door. The lock turned and a rush of cool air hit you, making you sigh in relief. She closed the door and locked it before she put her hand on your back.

"Need anything? I can get it for you while we're down here before we go up to bed?"

You shook your head and she helped you upstairs.

It felt like forever before you reached the bed. Your legs were weaker than before and you felt so exhausted that you could hardly even keep your eyes open. But, sadly, you couldn't get to sleep so quickly.

"We gotta get you out of these clothes and into something cozy." She mumbled as she sat you on the foot of the bed. She went to the closet and looked through everything inside before she came back to you with one of her hoodies in her hands.

"Here we go." She whispered as she knelt on the floor in front of you and helped you out of your clothes. She slid the hoodie over your head, careful not to touch your stomach, then kissed your forehead softly.

"Alright. Let's get you under the covers."

She helped you to the pillows and your eyes closed as soon as the warm blankets were draped to your shoulders. She put her hand back on your forehead then went to walk away again, causing your eyes to fly open.

"Where are you going?" You asked sadly, pouting, making her chuckle and peck it away.

"Just to change. I'll be back in a second."

You closed your eyes again and a few minutes went by before you heard something on the floor.

Opening your eyes again, you noticed she had moved the trash can closer, just in case.

She sent you a sad smile and climbed into bed with you.

You rolled into her arms and buried your face in her shirt. She put her hands on your back, brushing them along your skin soothingly.

"I love you. Sorry I kinda ruined tonight."

"Don't be silly. You didn't ruin anything. You're sick, you can't help that." She kissed your head lovingly and focused on getting you to sleep. "And I love you more."

You let out a contented sigh and drifted off to sleep rather quickly. It was only when she knew you weren't gonna wake back up right away that she let her own eyes close, hoping that you'd feel better come morning.