don't you dare (requested)

"Have I told you how insanely beautiful you look tonight?"

"Yes, like a hundred times so far." You giggled and let her take your hand from across the table as you looked through the foods on the menu.

It's your eight-month anniversary and she wanted to treat you to a special date in one of the most romantic spots in town.

You've never asked her to go somewhere like this in your relationship so far, so it only made her want to make tonight even more special.

"But thanks. You look so pretty tonight too."

She kissed your hand just as you decided on what you wanted. You closed your menu and gazed over at her, admiring how stunning she looks tonight and wondering how you got so lucky to have eight months and counting by her side.

You looked around the restaurant just to admire how nice it was. There weren't many people around. It was quiet and peaceful.

That was, until, you noticed the waiter that was making his way to you. He looked familiar.

Terrifyingly familiar.

Your breath hitched in your throat and you squeezed Rosie's hand tightly out of fear. Right away, she was lifting her head and looking at you.

She was worried immediately. There was no denying the fear in your eyes. Your hand was shaking, your palms sweating. You whimpered out of habit, out of terror.

"Y/N? What is it, baby? What's wrong?"

You didn't get the chance to answer. Because right after, he was standing in front of you. You looked away from him but you could tell he was flashing that wicked, evil grin at you.

You felt so uncomfortable. You'd gotten away from him. So far away, for so long. Your life was so much better. You no longer worried about getting hurt or feeling anxious in the presence of someone so despicable.

But now, he's found you. You always feared he would. Your ex-boyfriend. The one that took advantage of you in more ways than one. Who made you feel worthless, the one that hurt you and constantly betrayed you. Who put his hands on you and spoke the cruelest words one possibly could.

"Y/N."

You could tell he was smirking as your name left his lips.

Oh, that smirk.

He'd flashed you that so many times during your relationship that lasted far too long. He always won. He always boasted about how much better he is than you. He smirked more than he smiled, and that wasn't a good thing when it came to him.

Rosé squeezed your hand. She wasn't sure what was wrong but she knew you were scared and she knew it was because of the man in front of you.

"I hoped I'd run into you somewhere." He said. "You know I didn't appreciate the way you ended things. You just... left me."

"You gave me no choice." You mumbled, your words quiet and your voice trembling obviously. "You wouldn't have let me leave otherwise."

You looked at Rosie, squeezing her hand again.

"But that's the difference between then and now. You don't control me anymore. You can't hurt me."

"Wanna bet?" He asked, his teeth clenched.

"Don't you dare." Rosé spoke harshly, her hand wrapped around his wrist as he went to take a swing at you. "You will not put your hands on her."

"Who the hell are you?" He scoffed.

"I'm Rosé, y/n's girlfriend."

"Is that so?" He asked and by the look in his eyes, you knew he was getting angry.

You know that look.

You despised that look.

You were terrified of that look.

"Rosie, please, let's just go."

"You're not going anywhere." He said, about to shove you, only for Rosé to shove him.

"I already said don't. you. dare! I warned you. Back away and let us leave."

There were people looking at you now. You were causing a scene. It brought back terrible memories, made you think of all the times you wished people would've seen the way he was looking at you and treating you when you were together.

Terrified of her possibly getting hurt, you grabbed your things and took ahold of her hand before running out the doors with her.

In a panic, you ran with her as fast and as far as you could before she stopped to catch her breath.

"Stop. It's okay, baby. It's alright." She said as she pulled you into her arms.

You trembled and cried against her,. You clung to her and gripped the fabric of her dress tighter than ever; so tight she thought you might rip it.

But she didn't care. She was confused. She was angry at that man. She was scared that you were scared and crushed that you were clinging to her as if she was gonna let go of you anytime soon.

"We need to talk." You whimpered as you pulled away. You took a seat on the ground and she sat beside you.

Instinctively, she cupped your cheeks gently and wiped your tears away.

"That was my ex." You mumbled. "He's mean, Rosie. He's so mean. He used to... hurt me."

She gasped in shock.

"Physically, mentally, emotionally. He called me such awful names. He made me feel worthless and he liked that. He didn't let me go out to see my friends. He only let me talk to my parents. He's selfish and arrogant and he likes seeing people miserable."

She felt her heart shatter as you opened up to her about the most tragic part of your life. Tears were in her eyes. It broke her heart.

"I was by his side for years. But I couldn't take it anymore. He went out with his friends one day and I left. I took my most important things and I ran and I never turned back around. I thought I was safe. It's been so long since I saw him last. I thought..." you paused as you began to tremble and gasp for air, feeling overwhelmed.

She instinctively pulled you into her arms and hugged you tightly. Neither of you said a word for a moment. You just cried together.

"You're so strong." She whispered. "I couldn't have made it through that. I'm sorry he's so stupid. I'm sorry you had to go through that. It breaks my heart. You deserve the world, baby. How can someone treat you like that?" She asked through her tears, staring at you as you pulled away.

"I just hoped things would get better and now, they have. I found you. I know I'm safe. I know I've got someone to lean on, someone to love and someone who loves me just as much. You love me for everything I am. You make me feel good about myself. You're all I've ever wanted."

She smiled and stroked your cheek.

"You know you're always safe with me." She assured, softly kissing your cheek.

"Thank you for trusting me enough to open up to me about that. Thank you for letting me love you. I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have you and I swear to always remind you of that and to treat you as you deserve. You never have to be afraid when you're with me."

"I know." You sniffled and then kissed her lips softly. "I love you."

"I love you so much, baby girl. Always."

She kissed you once more, only pulling away when you reached out to dry her cheeks from the tears she cried. "Come on. We'll do a fancy dinner some other night. For now, let's get some ice cream and talk about finding ways to always keep you feeling safe."

"And cuddle?"

"And cuddle, obviously," she giggled as she helped you stand up then pulled you into her arms to walk with you to the nearest ice cream shop, promising to spoil you like you deserve.