coming home from the studio to find you sick (requested)

Rosie hummed along to lovesick girls as she put her key in the lock to unlock the front door. It was only early afternoon and she normally wouldn't be home for another few hours. But everything went so well that she and the girls got out earlier than planned and she was so excited to spend the rest of the day by your side.

She opened the door and walked inside of your shared home. With your name on the tip of her tongue, she went to call out for you as she kicked off her shoes, but she froze when she heard whimpers coming from the sofa.

She turned her head at the sound and saw you sleeping there. You were shivering even though you were covered with three different blankets. You raised your elbow to your lips and let out a hacking cough before groaning and turning your cheek on the pillow to drift back off into a light sleep.

She was by your side in a heartbeat and she quickly noticed the beads of sweat gathering on your forehead. She pressed her hand against your skin and frowned when she realized how warm you felt.

Your eyes opened at the touch of her hand. Your tired eyes met her worried gaze. A pout was on her lips but when your eyes met, she tried to send you a smile but it only came off as a sad one.

"Hey, sleepyhead." She whispered softly and combed the hairs that clung to your damp forehead away. "You're burning up and you look so miserable."

"I think I'm coming down with something." You mumbled before coughing into your elbow again and the pained look in your eyes that followed broke your girlfriend's heart.

"And you didn't call me because?"

"Because you're busy and you have important things to do."

She shook her head with a sigh. She caressed your warm cheek while watching you close your tired eyes for a few seconds here and there to rest them before opening them again.

"Y/n, no matter how busy I get or how many important things I have to get done, you're still the most important thing to me. That's never gonna change. You're sick, baby, and I want to be here to take care of you."

"If it makes you feel any better, it only started to really hit me a couple of hours ago and I've been sleeping off and on since then."

She nodded and watched your eyes close once more. She didn't even have to ask how sick you were feeling; it was clear that you were feeling terrible. From your fever and chills to the terrible cough you had and your stuffy nose. The trash can was close to the sofa and filled up with tissues from the almost empty box on the table behind you.

"Have you eaten? Taken any medicine?"

"No. I can't really move to get it."

She pulled the blankets off of you and your eyes flew open as a chill came over you again.

"Rosie, no. Give me my blankets back. Please?"

"I have something better for you." She said before getting up and going to the closet, where she grabbed a couple of sheets and came back to cover you with them.

"That's better for you. Are you hungry?" She asked as she ran her fingers through your hair comfortingly.

"No."

"Baby, if you haven't eaten yet, you really need to. I'll make you some soup. Is there anything else you need?"

"Water and maybe some cough drops."

"Coming right up, baby girl. You just lay here and sleep while I'm gone."

She watched you nod your head and close your eyes again. She reached for the remote and flipped through the channels to turn on your favorite show. She figured that if you couldn't sleep for any reason, this would at least keep you occupied until she returned.

A kiss was left on your forehead and she made sure you were tucked in all nice and cozy before she left the room to go upstairs to the bathroom real quick, just to grab you some medicine, the thermometer, and a few cough drops.

She returned a moment later and put the thermometer under your tongue. You were in such a deep sleep that you didn't even open your eyes and simply slept while she watched the numbers climb.

When it beeped and showed that your fever was at one-hundred and two she only felt more anxious. She quickly made you some soup and returned with a bowl and a glass of cold water for you to take the medicine with.

"Babe?" She shook your shoulder and you slowly opened your eyes. "I made you some soup. I'll feed you some but I need you to take this medicine first."

You groaned at the thought alone but swallowed the pills down quickly with a few sips of water, which brought momentary relief to your sore throat.

"Good girl." She smiled and held the spoon out for you to start eating. She fed you since you were too weak and too tired to do it yourself. She put spoonfuls to your lips, and a few extra spoonfuls of the broth even after you told her you felt full a few minutes later.

"Rosie?"

"Yes, baby girl?" She spoke softly, combing her fingers through your hair.

"Can you cuddle me? Please?"

"I'd be happy to." She said before laying behind you on the sofa. You turned around to lay your head on her chest. Her arm wrapped around you and she held you as close as she could. You shivered at first, but her warm embrace helped to warm you up fast.

"My throat really hurts."

"Shh," she whispered and watched you close your eyes. "Try to sleep."

You nodded weakly and focused on her comforting touch as your eyelashes fluttered against your cheek and her hand caressed your forehead and cheeks softly and lovingly.

"I know you don't feel good at all but I'm here to take care of you now. So if you need anything from now on, you let me know right away and I'll get it for you. Okay?"

"Okay. Thanks, Rosé." You whispered since it hurt too much to talk. She kissed across the crown of your head and rubbed your shoulder.

"Anything for you. Sleep now. I'm right here and I love you so much."

"Love you."

You said knowing you wouldn't be able to go without saying it back to her. She watched you fall asleep and breathe steadily.

"Sweet dreams, baby. Hope you feel so much better soon."

And you knew that you would feel better in no time because you've got her right there by your side to take care of you every step of the way.