she forgets your birthday (requested)

The sound of Rosie's voice in your ear and the brush of her lips on yours woke you from your slumber. You were instantly smiling as you remembered that it's your birthday today and you get to spend the entire day by your girlfriend's side.

"Baby? Are you awake?"

"Good morning, Rosé," you sighed happily as you opened your eyes. "I'm awake."

"Good morning, my love. I wanted to give you a kiss before I head out."

You felt your heart sink at the mention of her leaving. But you tried not to jump to conclusions. You hoped maybe she meant to go and get some things for you for today.

"Oh? Where are you going?"

"Practice. The girls and I have so much to get done." She mumbled and cracked a sad smile before leaning in to give you another kiss. But instead of her lips landing on yours, they hit your cheek as you turned it and refused to kiss her.

"Okay..." she mumbled to herself before scooting to the edge of the bed to grab her shoes. "What's gotten into you, babe?"

"I thought we were spending the day together." You said as you stared at her, watching her eyebrows furrow in confusion. "You don't remember what today is?"

"Should I?"

You scoffed before shaking your head.

"No. Don't worry about it. I'm sure it's nowhere near as important as practice is."

She thought you were being overdramatic. So she tied her hoodie around her waist and grabbed her things.

"Have a good day, y/n. I'll be home as soon as I can."

You just rolled over in bed and waited to hear her footsteps on the stairs and the door closing before she left. Just as she pulled out of the driveway, your phone started to ring. You saw it was Jisoo calling to FaceTime you and when you answered it, you saw Jennie and Lisa standing beside her.

"Happy birthday, y/n!"

Although Rosé made you sad, you couldn't deny the happiness you felt from them; three of your best friends, the ones who remembered your birthday while your ultimate best friend in the world forgot.

"Thanks."

"Where's Rosie?"

"You'll see her in a couple of minutes, I'm sure."

"What do you mean?" Jisoo asked.

"She forgot my birthday. Said she has practice."

"What? No. She was taking today off. That was the plan. We were gonna come see you later on and do what we could today while she stayed home to celebrate with you." Lisa said, to which you just shrugged.

"Yeah, well," you sniffled, tears starting to well up in your eyes. "I gotta go. Have a good day."

"Wait, y/n," Jennie tried to get your attention, but you hung up before she could.

Rosé walked through the door, humming along to a new song they've been working on recently. She was all smiles, ready to face the day ahead, as she looked over at the girls. She was surprised to find them all scowling at her.

"Whoa. What's wrong with you guys?"

"Us?" Jennie questioned. "How about you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"How could you forget your girlfriend's birthday?" Jisoo asked in disbelief and Rosie frowned.

"What?"

"It's y/n's birthday! We just video chatted and she was devastated, Rosé!"

It all sank in and she suddenly remembered that it was your special day.

But she had a feeling that thanks to her, it wasn't all that special.

"Oh, no," Rosie kicked herself and the girls just shook their heads.

"Go home to her!"

Rosé nodded and grabbed her bag before heading out the door and back to her car. She hurried home as fast as she could, but she stopped along the way to grab you something special.

She didn't know what she'd find when she arrived home. She didn't know if she'd find the bedroom door locked or if she'd find you gone to celebrate your special day with people that didn't forget about it.

But instead, she found you on the sofa with some boring reality show playing. Your head turned at the sound of the door closing and she caught a glimpse of your tear-stained cheeks. She was heartbroken right away, feeling even worse about forgetting than she did before.

"Oh, y/n," she whispered and walked over to you. "Baby, I'm so sorry."

You didn't say a word, simply sniffling and staring at your lap.

"I can't believe I forgot. I'm so disappointed in myself." She said and you watched as she reached for your hand, and you didn't pull away. "You know you're the most important thing in the entire world to me. I'm sorry I hurt you. But, if you'll let me, I'll make it up to you. Starting with this,"

She paused and reached down into the paper bag at her feet, pulling out a cupcake from your favorite bakery. She also pulled out a candle and placed it in the middle of the sweet treat.

She hesitated to light it and looked up at you, first. Your eyes were softer, filled with a look of love for her, instead of sadness and frustration, like she'd caught a glimpse of before.

She lit the candle and started to sing you happy birthday.

"Make a wish, my love."

You thought about it for a second and took a glance at your girlfriend before blowing it out.

"Yay!" She clapped and watched your eyes light up. "What'd you wish for, sweet girl?"

"Nothing."

"Why not?' She wondered. "It's your birthday. It's your one day to make a very special wish."

You put the cupcake onto the table and dropped your forehead to her shoulder.

"You're here, Rosie. It's all I wanted."

She felt guilty again. She wanted to tell you that she'd spend the remainder of the day making it up to you. How she'd take you out for dinner at your favorite spot and give you all the back rubs, cuddles, and kisses your heart desired.

But you didn't even give her the chance to speak. You laid your hands on her cheeks and brought her in for a soft kiss before she could say a word.

But she didn't complain. Instead, she melted into you and brought you closer as she gave you the most passionate and loving kisses she could while your chest pressed against hers, letting you feel each and every beat of her heart against your own.

"I know you didn't forget on purpose. I know you wouldn't ever do that. You're busy, I get it."

"But it's still wrong. I love you so much and I never want to make you feel bad. I don't ever want to be the reason you're crying sad tears, especially not on your birthday of all days."

"You're so sweet, Rosie," you spoke softly before kissing her again. "It's still early in the day. It's still morning. We can still celebrate if you're okay with that."

"Are you kidding? I'd love to. I'll do anything you want. Tell me where you wanna go or what you wanna do and we'll do it!"

"Let's start with this." You said and leaned in for another kiss, only to take her by surprise by swiping some frosting from the cupcake along her cheek and her nose.

She gasped and her eyes flew open wide, making you giggle as she nudged your cheek with her nose, smearing the frosting along your skin.

"Happy birthday, baby girl."

"Thank you, Rosé."

Your eyes sparkled bright and you looked so happy. It was all she ever wanted for you; to see and to make you this happy.