waking up without you next to her

The sudden crash of thunder made Rosé jolt in her sleep. Moving closer to where you lay, she expected to be met with your warm and comforting embrace, but all she felt instead was the cold sheet.

Reluctantly, she opened her eyes and looked around the room for you. The only light was from the strikes of lightning. When she realized that you weren't in bed her mind began to race.

Pushing away the blankets, she got out of bed and started to look around for you. She was about to peek into all the rooms, but she knew exactly where you were when the sound of the tv grabbed her attention.

She tiptoed down the stairs. The lights were all off, the only light in the room being the tv. It didn't take long for her to reach the last step and for her eyes to land on you. She wasn't worried anymore like she had been when she first awoke to an empty bed. Because there you were on the couch, curled up in her hoodie with the remote in your hand and your head back against the arm of the sofa - sound asleep.

Her bare feet patted softly against the floor until she was in front of you. She sat on the edge of the sofa and let her fingers brush along your cheek. You stirred for a second and then opened your eyes, a little startled to find her right in front of you.

"Y/N? Why'd you fall asleep down here?" Her voice was soft and sweet as she continued to caress your cheek.

"I couldn't sleep. The storm was keeping me awake. So I decided to come down here and flip through the channels until I stumbled upon something to watch. I must've fallen asleep somewhere along the way."

You yawned and stretched out your legs before closing your eyes once more as you leaned into Rosé's touch. It was comforting.

"You could've woken me. I wouldn't have cared. I'm always happy to hold you. I know don't like storms, you know I'll always hold you extra tight when they occur."

Just as she said that there was a loud clap of thunder. One so hard it shook the house slightly.

Wordlessly, you sat up and crawled onto her lap. She chuckled at first before leaning back and putting her arm around you. Her grip on you was tighter than usual but still gentle and comforting.

"See? I've got you." She whispered as you leaned your head on her chest and relaxed into her touch. "You took my hoodie, huh?" She teased as she brushed her fingertips along your back.

"It's comforting. It's fluffy and it smells like you. It always makes me feel secure."

Your words were heartwarming and it felt like her heart was swelling with love. "I'm happy to hear that. I've got you now, though." She said. "Do you wanna go back up to bed?"

You shook your head and nodded toward the show playing. It's one you both enjoy. Even though it was still early in the morning, you both had all the time in the world. With nothing going on tomorrow, you could do whatever your heart desired tonight.

"I just wanna lay with you here."

She nodded her head and continued to hold you close. When she did, the storm didn't seem all that bad. The thunder wasn't as scary and the rain that poured on the roof actually felt a little comforting.

You closed your eyes and soon drifted off to sleep with your head on her chest. She noticed this when she heard the soft snores falling from your lips. She grabbed the blanket from the back of the couch and covered you both up in it. With a kiss to your head and a little 'I love you' whispered softly in your ear, she let her head fall onto yours and fell asleep, too.