happier (requested)

"Thanks for tonight, Rosie. I had so much fun and the food was delicious." You smiled at your girlfriend who quickly returned your smile and squeezed your hand a little tighter.

"Me too, baby."

She looked ahead as you headed toward the door. She froze and threw her head back with a groan.

"What is it, Rosé?"

"Paparazzi." She muttered as she noticed the camera flashes. "Just hold my hand tightly. I won't let you go. I promise."

You nodded and she tightened her grip on your hand even more as she exited the restaurant.

Instantly, you heard the sound of photos being taken as well the loud voices from the big men surrounding you and Rosie.

You couldn't deny the fact that it made you feel nervous.

The voices were so loud and their words were anything but kind. They asked somewhat invasive questions and said some cruel things at times. The lights were bright, nearly blinding.

The only thing that keeps you calm is Rosie being by your side through it all.

She pulled the keys from her pocket and hit the lock button a few times, so you could follow the sound without having to look up at the cameras.

"This way, baby." She said and walked as fast as she could with you. She just wanted to get into the car and drive away as fast as she could, to get them all out of sight and out of mind.

You were unaware of the thoughts in her head. You know she's affected by the paparazzi just as much as you.

But you're not in the spotlight yourself, so it's a little harder on you sometimes. She didn't voice her thoughts and concerns until you got into the car and she drove a couple of blocks away from the chaos.

She suddenly parked the car and placed her forehead on the steering wheel.

"Rosie?"

Your voice was so soft, just like the touch of your hand on her back.

You heard her sniffle. She was obviously overwhelmed. But you didn't know that she was beating herself up quite a lot, too.

"Rosé? What's wrong? Tell me what's going on."

She lifted her head and gazed at you with sad eyes.

"I don't know. Sometimes, I think we should break up." She said as she nervously fidgeted with her fingers, picking at the black polish on her nails out of nervousness.

"No." You said firmly, making it crystal clear that's one thing you're not doing.

She furrowed her eyebrows before sighing.

"Y/N, please just hear me out, baby. I'm not saying we should but sometimes it crosses my mind. I love you more than anything. I want you to be safe. That's my responsibility as your girlfriend - to keep you safe and to make you feel loved. Sometimes, my life gets so chaotic. The paparazzi, the fans, the cruel words, the constant invasion of privacy,"

She paused, sighing heavily.

"Sometimes, I think maybe you'd be happier with someone else. I think you deserve better. Someone that doesn't have to deal with these things."

"Rosie, that's silly." You said as you took her hands into yours. "I love you. I will admit that I feel overwhelmed by all of it sometimes. But it's always worth going through because you're my girl and I'd go through these ups and downs together any and every day if it means I get to have you."

She cracked a smile.

"And I know that the things that come along with your life aren't always easy. But we've done a great job these last several months getting through it together. Haven't we?"

"Yeah. We make a good team."

"That we do." You smiled and squeezed your hand. "Please don't ever think I'd be happier or better with someone else. Because you make me the happiest. You're the reason why I'm the happiest I've ever been before. There's no one else in this world I want to be with. I love you."

"I love you more." She said as she brushed her thumb along your knuckles.

"Do you feel better now, baby?"

"Yeah. So much better. Let's go home and cuddle for a while."

"Sounds like the perfect way to spend the rest of the night to me." You said before you kissed her cheek a couple of times, living for that sweet smile that tugged at her lips before she started to drive with one hand on the wheel and the other in yours.