break up prank on you (requested)

"Rosie?" You yelled out as you walked through the door, quickly kicking off your shoes and putting down your things so you could find where your sweet girlfriend was.

Your day hasn't been all that great and you're excited to see her. With her car right outside in the driveway, you know she's here somewhere.

"Rosie? Babe? Where are you?" You yelled and made your way upstairs to your shared bedroom.

You sighed in relief when you saw her. She was right there in your room, sat on the bed beside Hank, who'd fallen asleep on your side of the bed.

She lifted her head to gaze at you when she heard you softly speak her name. The relief you once felt was gone now, replaced with a pang of sadness as you noticed her bags packed and on the floor.

"Hey." You tried to say, but it fell from your lips quietly, as if you didn't trust your voice. "What's with all the bags?"

You sat down beside her and she just sighed and bit down on her lip. She looked nervous and sad like something was really bringing her down. You didn't understand what could be going on. Your mind wandered with possibilities and curiosities.

"Are you going somewhere? Did something come up with the group?"

You know that can happen sometimes. There have been instances, although not often, where she gets the sudden news that they have to leave to go out of town and do promotions or fan meetings. You usually have a couple of days warning, so you can help Rosie pack and spend some time together before she goes.

She hadn't mentioned anything like that though, not that you could remember.

"Or are you going on vacation with the girls or something?"

"I'm leaving, y/n." She said.

The words fell from her lips so simply while it gave you the biggest scare.

"What do you mean by leaving? Where are you going? For how long will you be gone?"

"Indefinitely."

Your heart dropped and then shattered in your chest. It made no sense to you. How? Why? You had so many questions and you didn't even know where to begin.

"What did I do wrong?"

"Nothing, baby." She spoke softly before she sighed and took your shaky hands into hers.

You refused to look at her, into those big brown eyes of hers. Yours were full of tears. You could barely see. Your vision was so blurred from them. You couldn't look at her, wondering, deep down, if it might be one of the last times you ever gaze into those eyes you find comfort in and find yourself wishing you could stare into forever.

"There's some... things happening right now. Between the group and my solo - everything is so chaotic. I don't think I have the time to give to you that you deserve."

"No," you cried.

"I'm sorry, baby," she whispered and reached up to wipe away the tear falling down your cheek. It broke her heart to see you this way, especially when she's being dishonest.

"Please don't leave me, Rosie. I really need you." You sniffled and found the courage to look into her eyes. "What do I do without you?"

She tucked a lock of hair behind your ear, trying hard to keep you from noticing how much her own heart was breaking.

"Please don't go. I can't let you go."

You threw your arms around her before she even got the chance to say a word. You held her tighter than ever before, holding onto her as your entire life depended on it. And, honestly, it did. She's your everything, your entire life, your whole world. She's your rainbow in your cloud, the reason you smile on your darkest days. She's the reason why you feel loved. You feel as though she's all you have.

"Baby," she whispered and began to rub your back.

"I don't know what to do without you." You mumbled against her neck, gripping her shirt so tight in your hands that she thought you might tear it. "You're my everything. I swear, Rosie. Whatever I have to do, I'll do. As hard it'd be, I'm okay with not seeing you as much if it means I'm the one you're coming home to."

She pulled back and brushed her knuckles along your soft but wet cheek.

"Whatever we have to do, I'm okay with doing, as long as it doesn't involve you leaving me."

She watched your bottom lip tremble and she knew she couldn't do it any longer.

"I'm sorry." She whispered and dropped her forehead onto yours, leaving you confused. "I shouldn't have done this. I hate knowing you're so upset because of me."

"What are you talking about?"

"I got you?" She said, the words more of a question falling from her lips than the excited 'gotcha!' that she originally planned on saying. "It was a prank."

You furrowed your eyebrows and gazed at her in disbelief.

"That break-up prank you pulled on me some time ago? I got you."

"Rosie!" You yelled and pulled away from her. "That's mean."

"I'm sorry, baby girl."

"No, go away. You hurt my feelings." You said and moved closer to Hank. "I'm cuddling with him tonight, not you."

"Don't be mad, baby. I didn't mean for it to go this far. I know you're upset but now you know how I felt. It's scary, right?"

You sighed before nodding.

"Please forgive me. I'm so very sorry."

She pouted and, as much as you wanted to just turn away from her, you couldn't. She's got you wrapped around her finger, just like you have her wrapped around yours. You love her too much to stay mad at her for too long.

"Fine. You're forgiven."

She grinned and pulled you into her arms, rolling over so you were on top of her. Her arms were wrapped tight around you and a blissful hum fell from her lips continuously.

"I love you so much." She whispered. "You know I'd never leave you, right? You know there's nothing in this world that could ever make me walk away from you? You're stuck with me for the rest of your life."

"I'm okay with that." You smiled a little and her eyes lit up in response. "I love you too."

She leaned into give you a kiss, happy that everything was okay again.