my heart beats for you (requested)

"What's going on with you? Why are you so quiet today?" Rosie asked, her voice soft in your ear, much like the brush of her fingertips along your arm as she pulled you onto her lap and against her chest.

"Are you feeling down? You know that you can talk to me about whatever it is if you want to get something off your chest."

She placed her chin on your shoulder, softly kissing your shoulder.

"I'll listen." She added, hoping she could convince you to talk about whatever it is that you were holding back.

You've been like this all day today. It all started when you opened up your phone just a few hours ago. Since then, you haven't quite been the same, and that worried her.

"I'm okay."

"Oh, don't you say that." She warned, but her voice stayed soft as she spoke. "I know you're not okay. I know you like the back of my hand, my girl."

You sighed and lowered your head a little, trying to think of what to say.

"Hey," she whispered before she gently turned you around to face her.

She cupped your chin in her hand, lifting your head so your eyes would lock with hers.

"How am I supposed to help if you don't talk to me? Hm?"

You shrugged.

"Was it something on social media? Are people saying things about you again?"

Those words she saw about you when your relationship came out a few months back still linger in her mind. She'd never seen people so cruel before.

She's always been protective of you. With the things that come along with her career, she knows that it can be hard, and she's sworn to you, and herself, that she'd always keep you safe; physically and mentally, as best as she possibly could.

So knowing that something set you off from social media really concerned her.

"No." You sighed. "It's not that, Rosie."

"Then tell me what it is."

You couldn't look her in the eyes, although she didn't want you to look anywhere else.

"I know that a lot of people support us. The girls, our families, a lot of your fans, other idols. I know we get a lot of support. But I know that I'm also not the person that a lot of fans want you to be with."

Your words shattered her heart.

"What?"

"A lot of people think you'd be better with idols like Suzy or IU, or even Jisoo."

She threw her head back with a giggle.

"I'm serious, Rosie! I'm not their first choice for you. They think you should be with other people, idols, people I can't ever be."

"Y/N," she tried to interrupt, only for you to continue on.

"I just keep wondering if maybe, you're not happy with me. If you'd be happier with someone else."

"How on earth could you ever think that?" She asked, her worried eyes looking into yours. "I'm so happy with you. Happier than I've ever been in my entire life, and I mean that with all of my heart."

You didn't say anything and you tried to turn away from her gaze, only for her to cup your cheek and keep you staring into her big brown eyes.

"I couldn't care less what people think of me. People have always thought that could throw their opinions on me all the time. That they have some sort of say in my life and that's just not how it goes. They've fantasized about me with these other idols for a long time now. But you know what? It's never going to happen. The only one I'll ever love is you."

You couldn't help but smile a little at that.

"It's my life, my choices, and I choose you. I'll choose you every single time, every day of my life. Because you're my girl. The love of my life. I never want to love anyone else, I can't ever imagine loving anyone else but you. You're the one for me; the only one. If people don't like that, I don't care. They don't get a say in my life. My heart beats for you. I love you so much."

"I love you too." You whispered and watched her eyes light up.

"Don't pay attention to those people and don't ever doubt just how happy you make me. You bring me joy every single day. My life is hard, but you're the one thing that makes it so much better. You're my sunshine, the biggest source of happiness in my life. My heart swells with love for you, so much that I wonder if it might just explode from my chest sometimes."

You giggled and she did the same, feeling her heart flutter from seeing you so happy.

"That feeling has been with me from the moment I met you. It's never faded one bit and it never will. I need you to know that you're my entire world. You make me happiest. So no more thinking differently, not ever."

"I'm sorry,"

"Don't be." She said and kissed the corners of your lips lovingly. "I love you to the moon and back. Never forget that, my baby."

"I love you more, Rosé." You said as you buried your face in her neck.

"No way."

"Yes, way."

"No."

"Yes." You argued, giggling against her neck.

"No. That's just not possible, silly." She smiled, brushing her hand along your back. "Because I love you most."