Chapter 52

Veronica

Man what the fuck is going on. Every time I turn around I'm in the hospital for some odd reason. I don't know how but it feels like I put myself in situations like this. How am I suppose to bring a child into this world and take care of it when I can't even take care of my damn self? I don't know, too much shit going on making me rethink everything.

"Be gentle, Veronica." My Doctor said as I raised my arm as he instructed.

"Ight." I sighed, getting irritated.

"Where's my family?"

"In the waiting room. I can go get them if you'd like." He said.

"Please." I said, closing my eyes. I really didn't want to be alone right now.

"Nigga slow the fuck down I can't keep up." I shook my head as I heard Myles say to I guess Algee because he was the first to get in the room.

I just stared at them as the asked me questions back to back.

"All that shit doesn't even matter cause you're moving back in with me." Algee said, making me sit up.

"You got me fucked up." I said, looking at him.

"Algee, calm down." Myles said, turning his face up.

"Her house was literally just shot up, how the fuck do you think I was gonna react?"

"Shut the fuck up!" My mom yelled, glaring at all of us. I sighed and sat back.

"V, what happened?"

I explained what happened and my mom sighed.

"I hate to say this shit. For once, Algee's ass is right. You can't live in that house, too many people know where you lay your head." My dad said, making my eyes wide.

"Wait so you actually think imma move back in with Algee? Hell no." I said, rolling eyes.

"I don't know who the fuck y'all think y'all are, but don't forget that I'm y'all father, I'll lay all y'all asses out." My dad said, crossing his arm.

The doctor came back in after knocking on the door.

"Wassup doc?" My father said, shaking his hand.

"Nun much, you the dad? Mom?" He said looking at both my dad and mom as they nodded.

"Well everything seems to be fine, lucky she was rushed in when she was or we wouldn't have caught the bullet. It didn't do much damage so all she has to do is wear the sleeve that we are going to provide her." The doctor said as I nodded.

"When will I be able to leave?" I asked.

"Um we wanna keep you in for a few days, just to make sure your arm is good for you to go home." He said and I groaned.

"Thanks." I said, he nodded and left out of the room.

"Did he make sure that the baby was okay?" Myles asked as I nodded.

"He informed me that everything with the baby was fine as soon as he got done with the first check."

"So, V?" My mom said, making me look at her.

"Where am I gonna go? I'm not moving back in with Algee and I know for sure that I'm not moving back in with y'all." I said, shaking my head.

"Girl you have best friends for a reason." Dani said, walking into the room with Maddie and Ryan, making me slowly sit up.

"Besties, help me." I said, reaching one of my arms out to them.

"She can just move in with me." Dani said, shrugging. "I got more than enough room."

"Yayy." I said, smiling and looked at my dad as he nodded.

"Good because you was acting like our house is the worst. Tuh, child please." My dad said, rolling his eyes.
~
Nick

I sighed as I packed my last shirt in my bag. I turned the light off in the room as I shifted the bag on my shoulder.

I was at Veronica's house getting the last of my things. I'm pretty sure Algee ain't gonna let her live her anymore but if she does come back, I need to be gone.

I had no reason to be here, shit I was the reason she got shot tonight. I should have known that my boss was gonna do some snake shit, but I was too happy.

No I'm not running away. I going to move in with my homie on the other side of town so I can get my thoughts together, cause ain't no way I can let this slide.

I put the letter I wrote to Veronica on the table.

The letter read: I know I shouldn't have left the way I did but I had no choice. I'm too deep into this shit and I can't have anything happen to you. It would literally kill me if something was to happen to you. So I'm leaving so you won't have anything to do with me. Go be with who you really want to be with. Yes, I'm talking about Woody. My love for you will never change.

~Nick

I sighed as I looked around the house. I knew she still somewhat had feelings for Woody. Hell, she would even slip up and call me his name sometimes. I just thought one day I could get her to finally see me the way I saw her.

I walked out the door, locking it behind me.

: I'm on my way

Damien: Ight bro.

I threw my phone in the back seat and looked at the house one more time before starting the car up and driving down the road.

(I be doing y'all so wrong, my bad😬)