Chapter 45

Veronica
(2 months later)

"I love it." I smiled as I handed a costumer her new shirt that she asked me to design.

So basically I've started a little business from home where I take people's clothes and design them for them. After spreading my name around for a month and a half, I started to get more costumers everyday. Making money, going to college, having my first job, and being pregnant. Yeah, a lot.

I'm 4 and a half months now and I still haven't told Woody. I'm starting to show a little bit so I wear baggy clothes. Only people that know are close family.

Woody has tried talking to me for the past 2 months too, but I just don't wanna talk to him. I know I'm suppose to tell him about the pregnancy but imma tell him soon, I just need to collect all of my thoughts together before I go to Woody.

*Knock Knock*

"Coming." I said as I wiped my hands on the towel I had beside me.

I opened the door and Nick stood there with that goofy ass smile and food.

"Heyyyy wassup pooh?" He said, doing the little hand thing that niggas do when they tryna act gay.

"Nigga come in." I said, laughing. I closed the door and reached for the food.

"Aht. Where my hug at?" He said, with his arms open.

I smacked my teeth and hugged him, reaching for the food.

"Greedy ass." He said sitting on the couch.

"What you doing today?"

"Well I just got done with my last costumer and I made a lot of money today." I said, doing a little dance as I ate.

"Ight, you on yo grind and shii, I see ya." He said as he chuckled.
~
"No." I said, as I crossed my arms.

"You didn't even want it! It was the last one so I ate it." He said, trying to sit but me but I moved.

Nick literally just reached into my plate and got the last wing I had. He claimed that I said I didn't want it. I did say that but everybody knows I don't share food.

"Move." I said, pushing back.

"Oh really? Bet." He got up and started tickling my sides.

"Nooooo." I said as I started laughing.

"You forgive me yet?"

"Hell no."

"Then nope."

"Okay okay, fine I forgive you." I shouted because if he didn't stop soon, I was gonna pee on myself.

He stared at me for a little, then sat down.

"What?"

"Nothing." He said, shaking his head.

"Tell me."

"You ain't gonna listen."

I gave him a look. "Nigga I always listen. Tell me what's up."

"Ight." He said, shrugging and turning towards me.

"You can try to ignore the fact that I like you all you want, but I ain't gonna let you. I wanna be with you, Roni, and you know that." He said as he got up, going into the kitchen, leaving me with a confused look on my face.

"And how did this just come up?" I said, after I followed him into the kitchen.

"Just come up? V, we've been chilling together for the last 3 to 4 months and I see the way you look at me. Look, ion know if this is because you just got out of a relationship, but I know that you have some feelings for me too."

He's not lying....

"Nick." I sighed. I couldn't even say anything because he was right.

"Look at me and say it."

"Say what?"

"Look at me and say you don't have feelings for me."

I looked up at him as I just stared at him.

"But we are so great as friends. Why would we mess that up?"

"Even if somehow we don't work out, we can always be friends."

Then there was silence.

"Look I'm not tryna rush you or anything." He said, chuckling. "I just wanted you to know. I'll give you some time."

I nodded.

"Well, there is something I need to tell you then." I said as I looked down at my feet.

"Wassup?"

"I'm pregnant." I said, shrugging. Everyone was gonna figure out one day.

"For real?" I stale faced him.

"Nah, I'm playing." He smacked his teeth.

"Well, it don't change anything, it's another part of you that I'm willing to accept." He said, smiling.

I lowkey smiled.

We'll see how this go..
~
(Next Day)

I woke up this morning and did my daily morning routine and walked down stairs. I put something on the stove as I looked in my phone to see if I have any appointments today for the clothes I make.

"Nope. Today's a chill day for me." I said, shrugging.

Ding!

Nick🍃: Imma Swing By Today.

:Like You Dont Come Over Every Day.

Nick🍃: Nigga Shut Up.

"Coming!" I yelled since somebody was knocking on my door.

I walked up to it and opened it. Wishing that I didn't.

"Woody?"