Chatper 40

Veronica

"Bitch where are you finna go?" Maddie asked as soon as she got to my kitchen.

"Out." I said, putting my shades on. "I'm just going to the mall."

"Well guess who coming with yo ass?" She said, smiling into my face.

I chuckled, then realized all the girls were outside, that means Ryan, Dani, and Camryn was outside.

"Y'all be plotting a lot of shit." I said, grabbing my keys, shaking my head.

"Wassup bitchesss." I said, sticking my tongue out. "Who driving?"

"Let me drive." Camryn said.

"Ha. Girl you drive just like my brother, ian finna die today." I said, chuckling as I threw Ryan the keys.

"See, y'all never let a girl live." Camryn said as she got in the back seat.

"I'm not finna go to jail for you, My." Dani said, laughing. She calls Camryn My, short for Myles.

"Let's gooooo." I said, putting my shades on.
~
"Bitch this is cute as hell." Ryan said, holding up a Pink Nike coat.

"Yeah, get that with this." Maddie said, matching some ripped jeans.

"Ight, get the pink shirt with it or nah?" She said holding up a bright pink shirt.

"Uh uh. That's gonna be too much pink." Camryn said.

"Right, go with the white shirt." I said, pulling one out.

"Now the outfit complete." Dani said, handing Ryan some sunglasses.

"Ight, lets go." I said, since we were all waiting on Ryan to finish.

"How you ladies doing today?" The cashier said as he rung our things up.

"We cool." Maddie replied as he nodded his head.

We paid for it after he bagged everything up.

"Have a nice day."

"You too."

We walked out carrying all the bags and I noticed a baby clothes store. It made me remember about the baby that I damn near forgot about.

"Veronica?" Camryn said, shaking me out of my thoughts. "You okay? It seems like you zoned out for a second."

"Yeah, I'm good. Let's go to the food court cause I'm hungry as hell." I said, shifting my bags.

"You Veronica?" I heard, making me turn around.

"Who's asking?" I asked before I could see her fully. When I looked at her I realized that it was the girl that claims that she didn't know Woody was in a relationship.

"So, you Veronica?" She asked as she crossed her arms.

The girls were standing behind me, watching whatever this shit was. "Yeah, that's me. Don't you remember me?"

"Mmmh." She said, lowkey turning her lip up.

"Mmmh?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "Look I don't know you, and You don't know me so you can 'mmmh' yo ass outta my face." I said, smiling.

"I'm just tryna see what the hype is about." She said, shrugging.

"Excuse me?" I said, placing my bag down.

"Homegirl, do you have a problem or sum?" Maddie asked as Ryan and Dani was trying to put their hair up. It's funny because my bitches always stay ready for some shit.

"I just wanted to speak since we both will be in Woody's life." She said, fake smiling.

"Oh really?" I asked, chuckling.

"I mean yeah." She said, rubbing her stomach that ain't even got a bump yet.

"Ion have time for this bullshit." I said, chuckling, trying to see if she has a point.

"It seems like you're mad." She said. "You mad that Woody gonna be a father to a baby that's not yours?" She asked, pointing at me.

"Oh I'm far from it, babygirl. It seems like you pressed." I said, smiling.

"Pressed?"

"Yes, pressed." I said, picking up my bags. "Cause you felt the need to confront me on some weird shit while I'm standing here watching you make a fool out of yourself. Calm down, sweetheart. Being mad is not a good look on you." I said, fake smiling at her.

"Girl, you just mad that Woody cheated on you with someone better." She said, making Camryn laugh.

"Bitch please." Camryn mumbled under her breath.

"Bitch what you say?"

"I said bitch please." Camryn said, but I looked at her trying to get her to stop.

"So, is it true?" She said, rolling her eyes. "Are you mad that Woody cheated on you for someone better?"

"Wow." I said, chuckling. "The fact that I can get back with Woody right now at this moment with just one phone call is beyond me."

"Let me tell you sum-"

"Nah let me tell you sum." I said, handing my bags to Dani. "Yo ass better be glad that I'm actually being nice. Don't you ever get back up in my face with some bullshit like you did today. Or we gonna be have a whole different ass conversation." I said and she just stood there.

I grabbed my bags back from Dani. "Tootles." I said, chuckling as I walked away smiling.