Chapter 39

Veronica

"Come again?"

"You're pregnant." He said again. I just laid there as the word 'pregnant' ran through my mind over and over again.

"Are you sure you have the right patient's information? There's no absolute way that I can be pregnant." I said, sitting up.

He looked through his clipboard at all the papers. "Um, yes ma'am, we have all the right paperwork."

I just looked off, shocked as hell. What the fuck he mean, I'm pregnant?

"No, no, no." I said, running my hands through my hair. "This can't be happening to me."

"Well you're only about 2 in a half months, so you should get enough time to get prepared." He said and I wanted to choke the living hell out of him.

"Okay." I said, nodding, taking everything in. "Can you bring my mom in here?" He nodded. "Wait, and don't tell anyone about the whole pregnancy thing?" He furrowed his eyebrows but nodded and walked out.

I sighed, putting my head in my hands. What the fuck is happening?

Me and Woody only had sex twice at the most. And both times I thought he wrapped up or sum shit.

"What the fuck??" I sighed outta frustration, I can't raise a child at this age. 19 and pregnant, don't get me wrong, y'all young females out there doing ya thing, but this ain't suppose to be me.

"Veronica." My mom said, running into the room, hugging me. "Thank God you're okay."

I hugged her back, sighing because I don't know what her reaction is gonna be.

Let me try to sweet talk her real quick.

"Ma, I missed you so much." I said, hugging her tighter.

I let her go and sighed again. "You were the first best friend I ever had.."

She raised her eyebrow and slowly crossed her arms. "What you do, Veronica?"

Shit.

"What you talkin about?" I said, pushing my hands under the covers. I gotta stop doing that shit.

"Veronica, I know you. What did yo ass do?"

I started biting my lip, scared as hell. I might as well gone and get it over with.

"I'm pregnant.." I said, not even believing that I just said that.

It went silent and I got nervous. I ran my hands over my face.

"It's... okay." I looked up quick as hell because I know damn well this ain't my momma. "Huh?"

"It's okay, Veronica." She said, shrugging. "I honestly would have something to say if you were a bad ass kid on some little kid shit or sum. But, you're a good up coming woman, have your own house and you can provide for yourself." She said, hugging me.

I hugged back, relieved as hell.

"But why don't y'all young people use condoms?" She said, chuckling.