Chapter 7

Veronica

"Man, fuck this shit." I said, grabbing my bag and walking out of my class. All I want is some weed right now because I'm so stressed from this college work.

As I turned the corner I seen Nick , my homeboy from college.

"Aye, wassup bro?" I said, hugging him but not for too long. Every now and then he' ll try to make a move on me but I turn him down. He's cute as hell, but no.

"Wassup, Veronica? I know yo ass done just walked out of class." He said, chuckling.

I laughed. "As always."

"I know you got some weed on ya. Gone 'head and pass that shit over." I said, chuckling.

"Shiid, I already got some right here." He said and showed me a perfectly rolled up one.

Before I could even light the blunt up, my little ass was snatched up by my collar.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I heard no other than Bryshere's voice as he basically dragged me to his car, making me drop my fucking blunt.

"Are you fucking crazy?! What the fuck you out here skipping yo college classes and shit?!" Bryshere yelled as he started the car up.

I didn't say shit because I was pissed off.

"That was my fucking blunt nigga!" I yelled, punching him in his arm.

He stopped the car. "You think I give two fucks about you losing some weed that some fuck nigga gave you?!" He said. I just sat there in silence.

"Why you out here skipping your classes, Veronica?"

"None of your fucking business!" I snapped, turning my head.

"You are basically my little sister, you are my fucking business."

"I don't need anybody watching my every fucking move! I'm 19!" I said.

"Well act like your fucking 19! It here skipping college to get weed, Veronica? Weed?! I should bust yo ass in yo shit right fucking now!" He yelled.

I tensed up at the sound of his voice.

"Shut the fuck up bruh." I said, looking out the window.

"No, you shut the fuck up and listen." He said, grabbing my face and turning it so I could look at him. "Do you not know that college will lead you to everything in life? You talking about you want to be a nurse or an actress or and entrepreneur. You have to go to college for that shit! You need to get your fucking head straight and act like you want to be some fucking body because this ain't it, Veronica."

"Well maybe if I didn't have y'all niggas watching everywhere I go, I wouldn't do this shit." I said, because this isn't the first time someone ran into me doing something I ain't suppose to be doing.

"You need to be glad that we are here when you decide on the wrong shit. Do you want to be some fucking hoe on the fucking street?! Because that's where yo ass is heading." He said, and that pissed em all the way the fuck off.