Chapter 29

Veronica

"Hm?" I mumbled, covering my eyes at the shining light.

I hissed at the pain in my neck as I touched it, hissing again at the tinder pain.

"Veronica?" Maddie said, grabbing my hand, breathing hard.

"Veronica, are you okay?" Ryan said, leaning on the foot of the bed that I was in.

"I'm cool. Why am I in a hospital right now?" I said, looking down at the IV that they had hooked up to me.

"You couldn't get air when Raymond was chocking you." Danielle said, making me remember what happened.

"Why didn't you call us?" Ryan said, coming on to the side that Danielle was on.

"I don't know." I said, shrugging honestly. "I wasn't thinking that he would actually hurt me, even tho he has before, I was just thinking about where Algee was." I said. "Ah." I hissed once again and rubbed my neck softly.

The door opened and Luke,Keith, Bryshere and Elijah walked in.

"Hey lil sis." Bryshere said, showing me a little pink teddy bear that had "get well soon" on its stomach.

I smiled, grabbing the Bear, hugging it. "Hey you guys."

I gave all of them a hug and leaned back, looking around the room.

"Where's Algee And Woody?" I asked, since they were the only ones that weren't here besides Myles, mom and dad.

They girls looked away from me while the guys turned their heads, scratching the back of their necks.

I got confused and sat up. "Where is Algee and Woody?"

"Veroni-"

"Where. Are. They?" I asked once again.

"They got arrested.."
~
Woody

"Bruh look at this shit bruh." I said, shaking the bars I was holding on to.

"This is some bullshit. But they left that nigga off with a little ass fine for "disturbing the peace." Algee said, doing air quotations.

At Walmart everyone went to search for Veronica since she had ran off. Then when we found her, some bitch ass nigga was chocking her. He was chocking my fucking girl. I still got that bitch's blood on my hands.

"How much did they say our bond was?" I asked, cracking my knuckles.

"About 4,000 each." Algee responded.

"I can't even go and see how she doing!" He said, putting his also bloody hands over his face.

I sighed. How much more fucked up can this get?
~
Veronica

"Veronica, Chill out." Luke said, trying to get me to change my mind.

I was up moving around my best way after getting my clothes that I sent Ryan to get. So now I'm fully clothed, and waiting for them to take this IV out.

"How did you even take the robe off over your IV?" Elijah asked.

"There's nothing scissors can't do." I said, smiling weakly.

"They can't beat rock." Keith said and we all just stared at him. "Too soon? Yeah, too soon."

A perky ass nurse walked in all smily and shit. "Are you sure you wanna do this Veronica?"

I grabbed the clipboard out of her hand, signing my self out.

"Let me help you out." She said, pulling a wheelchair from beside the door out.

"I'm straight." I said, walking, trying to keep my balance.

"Are you su-"

"I said." I looked at her, trying to throw the hint that I don't need her ass. "I'm straight."

She mumbled an "okay" and took my IV out.

"I hate those things." I said, looking at the bandage that was now on my arm.

"Veronica, somebody's calling you." Bryshere said, going over towards my phone.

"Let it ring."

"It's a jail number."

I reached over and grabbed my phone, pressing the answer button. "Hello?"

"Veronica.."

"Algee are y'all okay?" I asked, now walking out of the door.

"Yeah, we cool. How you doing? What they say at the hospital?"

"Oh, I'm on my way now."

"On yo way? Veronica ain't yo ass in the hospital?"

"I mean..... I was."

"Yo ass ain't ready to get out of there yet. You just went in there two days ago."

"Two days ago? I've been in the hospital for two days?!" I asked, looking around at the guys as we were walking. They just ignored me.

"Yes, Veronica, you've been knocked out for 2 days."

"Well, I good now, I'll see you in a little." I said, trying to get off the phone.

"Vero-"

"Bye brother love you." I said, hanging up so he wouldn't try to convince me not to come up there.
~
"8,000 dollars?!" I yelled then whined because my head started swirling when I found out how much money it was going to take to get Woody and Algee out.

"I only got like 1,200 dollars on me." I said, reaching in my purse but I seen Elijah stop me as all the boys started taking money out of their pockets.

They took them to the back to get some type of shit done.

After what seemed like hours, we seen then coming back with Algee and Woody.

I sighed a sigh in relief and ran up to them hugging them, no matter how bad my head hurt.

"Veronica, I love you but yo ass shouldn't even be out of the hospital right now." Algee said, hugging me back.

"Yeah, you know damn well you not ready to be out yet." Woody replied and I shook my head as they both got on my ass.