Chapter 38

Danielle

"Woah, is she okay?!" I heard Algee yell, making me jump outta my sleep.

"Ight bruh, I'm on my way." He hung up on who ever he was talking to and started grabbing his things.

"Algee. Algee, what happened?" I asked, yawning while standing up.

"Veronica." He whispered.
~
"Were you with Veronica?" I asked Maddie while on the phone with her.

"No. I was chilling at Luke's house when Bryshere called. Where y'all at?"

"On the way to the hospital, Ryan should already be there along with Veronica's parents." I sighed, trying to calm down since my breathing was getting heavy. I looked over at Algee who has been quiet since we been in the car.

"Ight we on the way, too. I'll see you when we get there." I got off the phone and looked at Algee once again. He was speeding like a bat outta hell but I feel like if I said sum his head was gonna explode.
~
"Aye, Algee calm down, she gonna be Ight." Their dad said after Algee ran into the place looking for them.

"What the hell happened?" He asked almost yelling. His mom gave him a look, making his face soften and he apologized.

I looked around the room seeing Maddie and Ryan with the rest of the guys.

"Yo what the hell?" I asked when I got over there. "What happened to her?"

"Go 'head, tell em, Woody." Bryshere said, standing up.

"Yo, don't do this. Not right now." Woody said, shaking his head.

"Aye. Ion know what the hell happened, but somebody gotta tell me. Now." Algee said after he walked over.

After Bryshere explained the situation, all of us was confused as hell.

"Woody, what the fuck are you even here for?" Algee said, walking a little bit forward.

"Woah." I said, getting in front of him.

"I don't give a fuck what none of y'all say. Yeah, I fucked up but everyone does. Nobody is making me leave, not Bryshere, and damn sure not you." Woody said, crossing his arms.

"Nigga you acting like you actually give a damn!" Algee said, getting angry. I pushed him back as Keith pushed Woody back.

"Aye." I said, shaking his arms but he basically ignored me.

"Nah, fuck that." He said, but I'm still trying to get him to calm down.

"Algee!" I semi yelled, making him look at me. "Nigga who the fuck are you here for? Who are we all here for? We need to put our focus on Veronica instead of trying to fight in a fucking hospital!" I said to everyone as I got Algee to calm down a little.

"Wait, where the hell is Myles?" Algee asked, looking around.

"Right here nigga." Myles said as he was now walking up to us with Camryn. "I looked at everyone's location and it led me here. Why is everyone here anyways?"

"Veronica's here." Elijah said, and it looked like Myles got lost or sum.

"What?" He asked.

"She passed out while me and Woody were having a...... discussion." Bryshere said. Myles slowly nodded, sitting in on the chairs.

I know it seems like we're taking this a little too far, but people die everyday. You never know when someone is going to be gone.....forever.

Luke walked over to Myles who now has his head in his hands. I feel so sad now. I mean, who wants to hear that their sister is lying in a hospital bed probably passed out?

"Aye, she gonna cool, Bro." Luke said, nudging him a little. Myles just nodded a little as Camryn put her arms around him.

"Family of Veronica Smith?" One of the nurses said. We all stood up but me, the girls and Veronica's mom and dad walked up to her.

"Well, she's still out. We're doing everything we can to get her to wake up. We still haven't figured out why she passed out but we are also working on that." The nurse said, as I sighed.

"Can any of us walk back there now?" Ms. Jamie asked.

"Um, we're currently running test on her right now but we will let you know as soon as possible when you can go back there." She said, nodding.

Maddie sighed as Ryan wrapped her arms around both of us. I think we all did a little silent prayer to God.

Please let her be okay.
~
Veronica

"What the hell?" I asked, moving my arm a little to move the light out of my eye. My vision because clear and I seen some nurse looking shocked with one of those small lights in her hand.

"Oh, Thank God, you're awake." She said, smiling. I weakly smiled back.

"What happened?" I asked, trying to sit up.

She lightly pushed me back down. "No, honey, you need to rest. Also, you passed out." She said, and I slowly nodded. "Okay, I will go get your family now."

"Wait." I said, before she could get out of the door. "Can you wait to get them? I want to know what's wrong with me first." I asked, so I can be the one that tells my family.

"Oh, sure thing, girl. I'll just go get your doctor right away." She said, and left out.

I laid there as I waited for the doctor to come. I thought about what happened before I came here. I had these niggas fighting. I understand that we're all angry right now but I don't want them to fall out because of it.

"Ms. Smith?" Someone said as they opened the door.

"Come in." I said, reaching for the remote. I was finna grab it until I realized that I had an IV in my hand. I cringed as I got uncomfortable. I hate those things.

"Hello, Ms. Smith. I'm Dr. Hannan and I'll be your doctor for the day." He said, looking down at his clip board. "How you feeling?"

"Good, my head still hurts a little." I said, resting my eyes a little.

"Well, I can probably explain why you passed out." He said and I sighed, ready to hear what the fuck is wrong with me. Maybe it's because I ain't eating that much or sum bullshit like that.

"Congratulations, Ms. Smith. You're pregnant."