Chapter 37

Veronica

"You're hearing rumors about me, and you can't stomach the thought. Of someone touching my body when your so close to my heart." I sung along with the music as I swayed side to side.

"I wouldn't deny what there saying because most of it is true." I said as a tear slipped out of my eye.

I hate that I became this soft ass bitch. I never thought that I would be this way right now. Everything changed so fast. I went from being happy to constantly crying everyday.

But this isn't me.

"Coming." I said as someone knocked on the door. I wiped my eyes and walked over to see who it was.

"Wassup?" I said as Bryshere stood there. He comes by here everyday ever since he found out what happened.

"Wassup V?" He said, coming into the house, closing the door. "You okay?"

Nope. "Yes, why wouldn't I be?" I replied and he stale faced me.

"V, I know when you've been crying. Your face is even red." He said, and crossed his arms.

"I said I'm fine."
~
Bryshere

She constantly said she was fine but I could see all through the lie.

"Come here." I said, pulling her into my arms. I hugged her as she sighed and wiped her eyes on my shirt.

"Ight, don't you have somewhere else to be? You suppose to be with yo boys." She said as she walked away from me.

"Plans got cancelled so I'm just spending the free time with my bestfriend." I said, sitting on one of her couches.

"Why?"

"I can't just hang out with my bestfriend?"

"I never said that but I know what you doing, Bryshere. Trust me I'm fine." She said as she sat on the opposite couch.

"Well I'm still not leaving. You stuck with me for the day." I said as she just stared at me.

"Okay Bry." She said and I cut my eyes at her.

"Ugly ass nickname." I mumbled as she chuckled.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"It's just 'Visit Veronica' Day, ain't it?" Veronica said as she got up, going towards the door.

She looked through the peephole and sighed.

"Bruh, I'm not opening the door. You can open it if you want to." She said, walking away, shaking her head.

From how she was acting, I could tell it was Woody at the door. For his sake ion think I should answer the door either.

He kept knocking until the knocking turned into banging. I groaned because this nigga was getting on my nerves.

I got up and answered the door. "Wassup?"

"Where's Veronica?" He looked like was shocked to see me and shit.

"She upstairs. Why?" I said, crossing my arms.

"I need to talk to her."

"Well she doesn't want to talk to you." I said, about to close the door.

"Aye, bruh, chill. I just need to talk to her for a second."

"Why?"

"Is it any of yo business, homie?" He said, walking a little too close up on me.

"Aye, Woody." I said, chuckling, crossing my arms. "Imma need you to chill out."

"Bry, just come on bruh." Veronica said, trying to pull me by my arm.

"Nah, wait." I said, still standing there.

"I think you should go." Veronica said, looking at Woody.

"V, I really need to talk to you, forreal."

"She said you need to leave, what you don't understand about them words, dawg?" I said, now getting irritated as hell.

"Was anybody asking you tho?" This time, this nigga was all in my face.

"Woody.." I said, breathing slowly. "Get the fuck outta my face bruh." I said, pushing him back.
~
Veronica

"Aye, chill out!" I said, trying to stop these big ass niggas from fighting.

"Bitch." Bryshere said, punching Woody in his mouth, making his head snap back. I cringed at the sight of that.

If I don't stop these niggas they gonna break my fucking house down. But how the hell is my small ass suppose to do that?

I tried pulling Bryshere back but he was still fighting. I grew frustrated and my head started hurting.

"Y'all, chill out, bruh, damn!" I yelled as I tried to catch my breath. I tried to breathe in and out but nothing was working.

I looked at the two since they're were still fighting, until everything went black.
~
Bryshere

I went to pick this nigga up, until I heard something fell. I looked and seen Veronica laying out on the floor.

"Yo." I mumbled before pushing Woody back, walking over to Veronica.

"Yo, Veronica, wake up." I said, shaking her but she just laid there.

"What happened?" Woody asked, and I glared at this nigga.

"What the fuck you mean what happened?! Veronica just passed out!" I yelled still trying to get her to wake up. "Aye, call an ambulance!"

"Nah, ambulance takes too long, let's just take her there ourselves."

I thought about it, then looked at Veronica. "Let's go."

I picked her up as Woody opened the door. I carried her to my car as Woody went back inside to get some of her things.

I started the car up, pulling my phone out.

"Aye, meet me at the hospital."