Chapter 17

Algee

"I done gave it a whole 2 months, now you finna tell me what you got going on." I said, standing on the stairs, staring at Veronica.

"What you talking about?" She said, drinking some drink she made.

"Veronica you must think I'm stupid, you haven't been acting like this in I don't know how long. You don't never be here anymore, and you always smiling at ya phone every 5 seconds. What, you got you a new nigga or sum?" I said, coming from the stairs.

"I don't know what your talking about." She shrugged.

Ding! Her phone lit up on the table.

She looked at me and I looked right back at her.

We both ran towards the table but I got to it first, grabbing her phone.

"Algee give me my phone!" She said, trying to reach for it, knowing she wasn't gonna be able to get it.

"You shouldn't have left ya notifications open." I said, looking at the screen.

Woody🤝🖤: you good?

"I know damn well." I said, throwing the phone back on the table. "What the fuck you got Woody texting yo damn phone for?"

"Algee, Chill the fuck out, we just friends, damn." She said, grabbing her phone, but I could see her cheeks turn red.

"Veronica, cut the bullshit." I said, trying to calm down a little. I looked at her.

"You... you like Woody?" I said, raising my eyebrows up.

"What? Dude, no." She said.

"Veronica, you stuck yo hands in ya fucking pockets!" I said, looking at her as she snatched her hands out of her pockets.

"Algee, leave me alone."

"Nah, you got me fucked up." I said, walking up to her. "That's my fucking homeboy."

"Okay? So what if that's your homeboy? Dani's my bestfriend But I don't say nothing about it." She said, crossing her arms.

"I don't give a fuck, bruh. You not talking to him no more." I said, shrugging.

"Algee I'm grown! You can't do this shit bruh."

"You live in my house tho."

"You always use that fucking excuse against me bruh, I'm sick of yo shit!" She yelled, throwing her hands up.

"What did I just walk into?" Myles said,

"Veronica, I'm not talking about this anymore." I said, waving my hand at her.

"Fuck you." She said, and went upstairs to her room.

I sighed as she slammed the door.

A good way to start off the morning huh?
~
Veronica
"So he just spazzed out on you?"

"Yes, I don't even know what I did." I said, laying my head on the head of the bed.

Yep, my little ass snuck out of the house just to come to Woody's house. Crazy, I know.

"You got anything to say?" I said when he just continued to do what he was doing.

"What is there to say? Algee's my homeboy, and one of the closest people I have, but he can't stop me from going after something I want. Nobody can." He said, shrugging, sitting down beside me.

"Now what you gotta say?" He said, staring all up in my face.

"Don't get smart nigga." I said, pushing his head away from me.

"Ight, So what work did you say you needed help with?" He said, grabbing the papers that I had laid out on the bed.

"Okay, So this right here.."
~
Algee

"You inconsiderate asshole." Dani said, throwing the cup of ice she had at me.

"Bruh, not you too." I said, rubbing my hands over my face.

"Why would you even do that? You be doing too fucking much when it comes to Veronica." Dani said, mean mugging me.

"This has nothing to do with you, Dani." I said, drinking my juice.

"You're right, Algee." She said, chuckling as she grabbed her keys off the table.

"But until you can stop being a little overprotective bitch? You can forget about this." She said, and walked out the door, slamming it shut.

:you got me fucked up Danielle.

Dani🤞🏾💍: bye Algee.
~
Veronica

I cracked the door open slightly, trying to get in the house without making any noise.

After closing and locking the door quietly, I made my way up the stairs.

"Yes." I whispered when I got in my room without Algee catching me.

"You think you slick." I jumped and turned around to Algee coming out of my bathroom. Fuck.

"Hey Algee." I said, waving at him.

"It's 12 o'clock and you got classes at 7 today, where were you?" He said, crossing his arms.

"I was over Maddie's house." I said, making sure I didn't put my hands in my pockets.

"You lying. Veronica, I will literally beat your ass." He said, walking towards me.

"Algee you're not my father bruh, I can do as I please."

"Like I said, you live in my house, so you have to do what I say." He shrugged.

"Algee really? Ya know what, I'm not finna have this conversation with you bruh, I just got into the house."

"I know you heard what I said tho."

"Algee get the fuck out bruh, I ain't got time for this shit!" I said, getting frustrated.

I guess this nigga went crazy, because he just stared at me, and grabbed my phone that I placed on the table and threw that bitch at the wall, making it break.

"Algee what the fuck?!" I said, going towards my phone.

He just stared at me before leaving out of the room without another word.