Chapter 19

Algee
(4 months later)

"Veronica, you haven't talked to me in 4 months, so you finna talk to me now." I said, coming into the house.

"What the hell?" I mumbled when I seen Maddie, Dani, and Ryan carrying boxes downstairs and Veronica coming with a box in her hand.

So Dani is currently mad at me because she claims that I'm "not taking whatever we got going seriously" when I'm just tryna take things slow.

"What the hell is going on?" I said, looking confused.

Ryan, Maddie and Dani sashayed they asses right pasted me, out the door.

"Veronica, what are you doing?" I said, stopping her.

"Algee I'm done bruh. I tried my hardest to stay here but I can't do it any more." She said, trying to move pass me.

"So, what, you moving back in with mom and dad?" I said, looking confused.

"No, I've been saving up a lot of money from work that I do in between classes and I bought me a place. It's only 15 minutes away from here." She said, still trying to get past me.

"Veronica, no. I'm sorry bruh." I said, trying to get her to stop.

"It's too late, Al. I'm done trying to satisfy you. I still love you, tho, big bro." She said, hugging me, then continuing to carry the box.
~
"Algee, I should beat your ass." My mom said, putting her hands on her hips.

I just told her about the situation with Veronica because I needed advice.

"What did I even do?" I asked, throwing my hands up in confusion.

"Look, I know you're gonna look after Veronica, and you always will. You're her big brother, that's your job, but some of it wasn't called for." She said, passing me the plate she had made me.

"But come on, mom, out of all people, did she really have to go after somebody I'm close to?" I asked.

"How would you feel if Veronica said the same thing about Dani?" She said, making me widen my eyes.

"How did you even know about that?"

"I'm your mom, I'll always know." She said, looking up at me.

"Imma just talk to Dad instead, because I know he'll understand me." I said, walking off to my dad's room.

"Aye boy, wassup?" He said, shaking me up and doing he little bro hug.

After telling him about the situation, I waited on his response.

"Well, Algee, she's grown, did you really expect her to want to be single forever?" He said.

"I know that, but-"

"But what? Algee you're taking this where it doesn't have to be. She's your sister, your only sister, I get that, but, whether you like it or not, you're hurting her feelings and you know it. And her moving out was her response to show you that she would be fine out here on her own. Trust me, I know you, Myles, and Veronica, she's gonna be alright." He said, patting me on my shoulder.